Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, this is my first post, wanted to introduce myself and ask for some advice. I am new to hunting in general, I have mostly just fished in the past. Last season was my first real attempt. This year I have been better preparing for the season, but I was wanting to ask some advice about the area. I am hunting Eglin again this year and have been looking at hunting the Blackhawk West section with my muzzleloader. Has anyone hunted this area before and is it a good spot to start this year? Last year I hunted Choctaw west off of HWY 87 with little success, so i figured I would try a new area. Any information or advice would be helpful. I'm not looking for axact spots, just if I'm looking in the right area. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
287 Posts
There is a lot of deer in those blackhawk units. The main problem is that those areas are closed a lot during the season because the rangers run there missions in there regularly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did notice the area was closed a lot last year. I saw a print out of the closed dates at Jackson guard so I will try to plan my hunts around that. K-bill, blackhawk west is the primitive weapon only unit that is west of Camp Rudder off of RR211.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts