Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This guy has to be someone important to the drilling or production, he just knows too many wordsand proceedures. All in all I believe the method of the operation is correct from my limited knowledge ofdrilling and completion work. Its a great interview, we dont know who he is, the Radio DJ does however impliment that he was a verified employee and on the rig.

<a href="http://www.roughneckcity.com/Roughneck_City_Home_Page.html">http://www.roughneckcity.com/Roughneck_City_Home_Page.html</a>

The audio is in the middle of the page. Deep Water Horizon Interview.

Hope this helps others understand the operation and its purpose. Its not a fly by night operation, its very technical and logged. The driller has to follow the manual given by the Geologist and engineers, he can not differ. They did get a kick and this was the gas, notice he explains the 200 foot gas blowout of seawater which was now in the riser, the gas was lighter came to the top and forced the water out once the mud was removed. Typical blowout, typical proceedures, typical actions but a very unlikely malfunction.

Hope it helps, Steve

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Thank you for posting the great interview. I wish more people would listen to it. I would sure put to rest all the speculation BS that's being talked about.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
NAw it was a North Korean mini sub loaded with boom tubes and kamikaze special forces...:moon
Couldn't be a natural disaster... Could it?
Brent

·
Registered
48 Posts
<p class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt">Yes the link to this interview was posted 3 days after the incident. With that being said, I believe and agree with you, the oil companies and drilling companies are experts on the technical aspects of Drilling. </p><p class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt">BUT I think they are a bunch of bumbling idiots on handling a accident. They have no idea of how to respond to a blowout at these depths. Nor did they have a plan for when this happens.The MMS and all the bureaucracy that accept money from lobbyist are to blame also. They issue permits to our public waterwith no precautions for safety.</p><p class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt">All BP?s actions now are a smoke screen. <span style="mso-spacerun: yes">The secondary well will stop the flow, I hope ?3 months from now?.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> Time will tell. <span style="mso-spacerun: yes"></p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts