Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a Key Largo with rough finish interior on deck and such. I want to repaint. Has anyone done this or used any of the liner materials like Durabak or SaniTred? Looking for tips or no-nos. Just want to paint it white to refresh and get rid of teal splatter added by manufacturer. If you painted, what type of paint worked - one part, two part, other...what is a durable finish for hauling kids and chairs to islands. The interior is just like the old Cape Horns once had before they went high end with gel coated interior liners.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
I just painted the deck, walking area of my 22' Panga with West Marine, "SeaGloss Pro Non-Skid Paint. It is available in white, off white and gray, one quart will cover about 100SF, roll or brush. It has very good non skid characteristics without hurting bare feet.

I cleaned the deck with TSP, rinsed, dried, then went over it with a stainless steel wire brush. Then I vacuumed, wiped down with thinner and using one of those "cigar rollers" for one good coat, as I wanted to see how rough it would be. One coat seems about right. I will add another after some use and I see how much it wears after scrubbing blood and guts.

You want to see how it looks, give me a call and come over. The boat is in my garage as I have not mounted the engine yet. The off white paint is the non skid.

850 572 1225

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Forget Durabak. I don't like it. Never mind they stole the pix;s of my boat to use as their advertisement. :(

Forget one part paint for durability.......Unless you just like repainting it every 3yrs.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
X-shark

What's the trouble with the Durabak? I was considering using it, or something similar to paint an outside deck. Is there something else you'd recommend? From what I've seen on there web site it looks, pretty good, but as always, advertising is always aimed to sell the product.

Looking for something that would seal and waterproof wood for long lasting protection.

Thanks,

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
What's the trouble with the Durabak?

Bad batches..... Product stays tacky......forever!

Can't get it clean and another buddy of mine had his all crack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts