Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I go to see a doctor in Birmingham to have Mose surgery everytime some nasty skin cancer pops up on me. This doctor likes to talk while he's removing flesh from my body, and I knew from previous visits that he and his son have a deer farm where they are producing 140 class bucks at the age of a year and a half.

Anyway, I asked him today how the deer ranching was going, and he said he lost his entire fawn crop this year - 50 fawns..... gone!

What got 'em? CWD? EHD? Coyotes?

He said, "No, bucking fuzzards killed and ate every one of them. The black-headed kind."

I said, "Well, hell, it's against the law to shoot the damn things."

"Yeah, but crows are legal, and I got some BIIIG crows."

Any of you guys ever heard of such a thing? He said the buzzards would run the does off of the fawns.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I throw my fish carcasses in a creekbed behind the house and the black vultures clean them up in one or two days. All this time I thought they were nice to have around, except when they nest in my shooting houses. Seems I've been feeding the enemy. I wonder how many wild fawns they take each year?

·
Super Moderator
28,282 Posts
New one on me....crazy!!!

·
Registered
14,702 Posts
Never heard that but I sure got plenty of those jokers! I’m always on the lookout for an eagle and those jokers are always getting my attention. They’re everywhere!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts