Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I sat looking at my phone this gal walked up, probably as close as I’ve ever been to a live one. I noticed she was intent on nibbling something (no acorns here)but was using a blast of air from her nose to move the sand then munching. If you turn your sound up you can here her blow the sand away. As Augustus McCray would say, “I wanted you to have the information, what you do with it is up to you”

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I think you should get your boat air horn next time and hit it when she get's that close. It will be fun to watch that doe peel herself off the limbs above her!

·
Registered
14,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I eased up to a bedded down bow shot doe with a knife once, ya know - to cut her throat. Slipped around behind her while another guy held her attention. I looked like Tarzan with that knife! I dove but she saw me - clean miss thank God. To our amazement she tore out thru a patch of bamboo canes and I’ll never forget how it sounded with her breaking all those canes. If I had landed on her she woulda killed me. Learnt a lesson that day so don’t go expecting any roping posts anytime soon!

·
Praedator
9,998 Posts
Probably true but she did look right at me then she looked up to the porch above my head, that’s usually where I am
Sometimes it's just like this.

I had a buck come running up from behind me when I was on the ground against a tree! He stopped right in front of me! I could have reached my gun barrel out to touch him. He looked all around and right at me. I was a statue! Good buck too! He'd be on my wall. He just stood there and went to eating. I was so scared to breath/move. I made a single twitch towards my gun and off he went faster than I could get the gun up on him! It was a rush of a lifetime.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,301 Posts
Have you been taking a leak in that area, or maybe bleached something not long ago? Both will make them do that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts