Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a FB ad for a boat that looked different so I checked it out. I love a cat hull and even though I am not in the market for a boat, I like to see what's out there. This thing, though... I can't imagine having to climb up that step every time I wanted to drive the boat. I guess it would be ok for a guy running charters, doing sight fishing or something. Seems over-powered too. For sure not the boat for me but I thought it was interesting enough to share here. It's 70K

https://www.waypointmarine.com/boats-for-sale/2018-shoalwater-23-catamaran-corpus-christi-texas-7252851/

Then, at the same store, there is this for 44K. This one, I just don't get on any level. I thought the gunwales were too low on the first one.

https://www.waypointmarine.com/boats-for-sale/2019-newwater-curlew-18-corpus-christi-texas-7236357/

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
You see a lot of those type boats in Texas and Louisiana..
Inshore trout and redfish boats

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
And the first one was set up for Bow Fishing.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Not the best choices for The Pensacola area but are THE best choice for the flats around Corpus Christi , Galveston and the marshes here in Louisiana. Think of an area the size of Pensacola Bay and the Sound from the Pass to say Blackwater River area. Then, have the average depth between 2-4' in that whole area -- that is what they are fishing in those areas in Texas !

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Yeah, I've been thinking about getting one to fish St Joe/Appalach areas and use in fresh water here. NOWHERE near that budget though. LOL

I'm using a Spider Peenoe now. Sort of a REALLY fancy gheenoe looking boat.
I bought a Twin Vee Baycat 19 to redo into something like that first boat (without the semi-tower driving position) for the flats, but since my heart attack, I think I'm gonna part it out.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Hard for me to picture spending that kind of money on a boat with so little freeboard. But to each his own!

·
Registered
9,704 Posts
2 to3 ft seas you better be strapped in and hold on. no thanks I'll stay as close to the water as I can in moderate seas.

Reactions: Corpsman

·
Registered
342 Posts
2 to3 ft seas you better be strapped in and hold on. no thanks I'll stay as close to the water as I can in moderate seas.
nobody here buys one of those to fish offshore...they're flats boats for fishing the bays and marshes around south texas and Louisiana.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Have seen the Haynies and Majeks during redfish tournaments skating across tight chop at a fast pace. Waves can't get real big in the skinny bays of Texas. Several videos of these running over sand bars that are calf deep.

·
Super Moderator
28,496 Posts
Those are definitely fine boats but mix some chop out there like we normally have and it would be a heck of a ride.... That one with a 300 is a white knuckler!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts