Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to plan a major inshore tournament in March 2008. Problem: I'm a total novice and have no clue what I'm doing. It's already in the works and is definitely going to happen and it's going to be big. We already have several largecompanies involved.I want to make this the best tournament in the area so I would greatly appreciate all input.

What do you want that other tournaments aren't doing?

What do you not want?

What categories would you like to fish?

What type of fish (Redfish, sheephead, etc)?

Any other tips, tricks or suggestions?

Thank You!

:bowdown

·
Registered
684 Posts
You'll probably get more responses if folks know who thier talking with. Who are ya? Whose backing this thing? Why? Etc..... If you look and read through this forum you'll answer alot of those questions. If you want some major participation make it affordable to enter have a division for kids and lady anglers. Have some cool stuff at the weigh in for spectators and to promote the sport. Sharks seem to bring a crowd around here.Also the recent casting contests seems to be a good draw. I'm sure you'll get some others to chime in on this soon.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
For March Trout, Redfish, Flounder. I think I know who you are. Not personally though. But if the fees are not to steep and you have some good activities for the folks to come out to the weigh in. Sounds like a great idea and keep me posted..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sunrise Marine in Mary Esther in going to sponsor the main tournament. We just picked up Skeeter Boats so we wanted to show them off. :) Cumulus Radio (Z96, Cat Country) is teaming up with us and will be bringing in more sponsors. I'll keep you posted as they come on board. If you know of anyone else that would like to get involved let me know.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Slam... Red, Trout and flounder... With the numbers that Outcast and the budlight are putting up you can't go wrong... Outcast had 65 boats, and the Budlight inshore had 99... (don't quote me on those numbers give or take)... I would love to see a few more in the area... Sign me up!!!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I agree woth Captain Dusty, Redfish, trout flounder slam, we need more of these tournament locally. Personally i don't think the inshore fishing is that great in March though

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok we are farther along on planning now and I have more details. It is going to be a "slam" in Choctawhatchee Bay with flounder, redfish & trout (thanks for the suggestions guys). As it stands the grand slamprize is going to be a new Skeeter Zx 20 Bay Boat. I'm really excited that we gotsuch a big prize. You have to see these boats in action they are so sweet! Other categories will include junior angler, lady angler and more.

Tentative date is March 15, 2008.

All proceeds will go to charity.

We are thinking about doing a "treasure chest" with products and services from local business and/or a mystery weight. It would bea supplemental awardto the other prizes and would require an additional entry fee. What do you think? Would that be something of interest?

I'll keep you all posted as we finalize more details. We are still open to suggestions so keep em coming! :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We are still not sure where all the events are going to take place. I think weigh in is going to be near the brooks bridge. The captain's meeting and awards dinner will probably be at Sunrise Marine in Mary Esther on the big deck. Like I said though it's not definite yet. Once we know for sure I will post it. :)

·
Registered
782 Posts
i do believe you are a little to far east for most of our local inshore fisherman. alot of us don't mind putting up a little to fish the waters you are familiar with. that is why there is such a turnout for the oucast & budlight. they might have enough folks down that way to do the same. i will be near pensacola waters and practicing for budlight!

don't they have heavier fish down that way?:letsdrink:letsparty

·
Registered
993 Posts
Good luck! Although, in your area,you shouldn't need it.Your area and surrounding areas support the fishing industry and tournaments.Panama City Beach is a joke when it comes to fishing tourneys,except Bay Point of course.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Is it going to be an artificial bait only tournament,more of a challenge and what are the prizes going to be.What are the fishing bounderies going to be.

·
Registered
993 Posts
The Flats Masters Series is a really interesting concept.Livebait and artificial.Multiple fish categories.

This would really be a cool event in our area.Trout,reds,flounder.Allowing livebait would also draw entrants that normally would not fish the event.We had a similar event in Panama City sponsored by Sportfishing Magazine called "Fish stock."

It disappeared for some reasonbut was really popular with the fishing community.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I agree with eric... April is better... I am undecided on the artificial part... I will be there either way... Good luck...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts