Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Green Eggs And Ham
8,950 Posts
If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything.

You should correct your boss every time he screws up, it counter acts his micro management tendencies. You will be the shop hero, don't be scared.

·
Registered
507 Posts
If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything.

You should correct your boss every time he screws up, it counter acts his micro management tendencies. You will be the shop hero, don't be scared.
.….or the shop martyr. Tactical martyrdom is futile.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Let me add this..the directive is actually written in our SOP, the flag is to be lowered on the designated lawful days declared by POTUS! Not only is this federal law it is in our own SOP!! I told him about me lowering the flag because im a good supervisor and inform him of everything. he is the definition of a micromanager and since he did not approve me lowering it, hes calling it insubordination. we have a meeting tomorrow so i will see if he is truly going to write me up. its laughable to me..i was doing what im paid to do, enforcing federal law and policy, but somehow its been spun into insubordination because of this mans ego.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Let me add this..the directive is actually written in our SOP, the flag is to be lowered on the designated lawful days declared by POTUS! Not only is this federal law it is in our own SOP!! I told him about me lowering the flag because im a good supervisor and inform him of everything. he is the definition of a micromanager and since he did not approve me lowering it, hes calling it insubordination. we have a meeting tomorrow so i will see if he is truly going to write me up. its laughable to me..i was doing what im paid to do, enforcing federal law and policy, but somehow its been spun into insubordination because of this mans ego.
You said it in three words “this mans ego”. I hope you beat this bs right up

·
Center Mass at 300m
2,079 Posts
Take it over his head if he writes you up, but with your SOP's etc. to back your actions.

·
Super Moderator
28,126 Posts
Don't fret it unless you get paper hung on you. Then you can fire off a rebuttal!!!

·
Registered
13,508 Posts
I would never suggest something like this...pick your battles, but never become "the yes man". Im active duty in a supervisor role and yes you must follow orders and direction, but if it is wrong, unsafe, immoral, or there is a better way of doing things, it should be adressed, not just blindly followed. Leaders are not made from people that bow down and shy away from a little controversy. Now, there is a proper way to address things, and like i said before, battles must be picked
He did say he wants "Opinions"

In my earlier years my Opinion was different.
Today, after reflecting on many situations, I now want the easy way.
Yep, I agree there is a time and place for everything, but I also know the only thing we really have in our life is TIME.
So choose your battles wisely, because the time spent, is time lost.
You won't get to "Make up the Time" it is gone.

Look how much time the OP has spent on this 10 minute conversation with his superior.

·
Registered
310 Posts
On this flip side, If someone under me can not follow this most simple of direction then I do not want them. No lives were at risk, no money would be lost, and if I am wrong it is up to my boss to correct me. If you are going to play gottcha with your boss, you may lose regardless if you win the battle or not. Don't supervise your boss. Just showing the other side of the coin. :devilish:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
He did say he wants "Opinions"

In my earlier years my Opinion was different.
Today, after reflecting on many situations, I now want the easy way.
Yep, I agree there is a time and place for everything, but I also know the only thing we really have in our life is TIME.
So choose your battles wisely, because the time spent, is time lost.
You won't get to "Make up the Time" it is gone.

Look how much time the OP has spent on this 10 minute conversation with his superior.
I like this perspective and totally agree
however there are only a couple things in life that get me fired up..screwing with my family, liars, people who cant admit they are wrong, and disrespect for our country and flag. Time spent fighting for these principles is not time waisted to me. Im not saying this guy hates his country nor did he screw with my family but he checks the boxes on the other two. im probably coming across as a disgruntled employee and i guess i am but this guy went from a gs-6 to gs13 in 5 years because of who he knows and who he served in airforce with. he has had several EEO complaints, so i guess now im next, only this time he gave an unlawful order! i dont look for fights, but right is right. our meeting is in 30 minutes and sadly im hoping he "hangs paper" on me, that would be undisputable proof of what his staff already knows, he lets his ego dictate decisions, regardless of law or policy. unfortunately federal civil service is full of these types

21 - 40 of 53 Posts