·
Registered
170 Posts
If anyone has had a set installed in Orange beach or near by :

1) who can do this Job right

2) did you have to run a new intake and if so : How big :

3) two tube set up : what size pump and what brand:

THX :thumbsup:
I have a 6 tube deck tank and two individual 8" round tubes for sale if you are looking for some.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
General rule is 1,200gph per tube ,It's gonna be a bigger price tag but a pump box will do all your live wells and your tubes . And in my opinion it's the way to go . Then you can individual valve everything and use bilge
Pumps of different sizes . Plus it's only one hole in the boat , and you can probably put in place of exsisting thru hull .JMO

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I wound up installing dedicated 2" thru hull and a 3hp Hayward pump. The 3hp pump was only $300 more than the 1.5hp and being a centrifugal pump you can throttle down the discharge without harming the pump or elevating pressures too much. It will surprise you how much fluid flow volume you lose when you step down in hose diameter, or add any bends or 90 degree fittings.

Getting the right pump and setup for tuna tubes can be both an art and a science.

Good luck!

Robert

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wound up installing dedicated 2" thru hull and a 3hp Hayward pump. The 3hp pump was only $300 more than the 1.5hp and being a centrifugal pump you can throttle down the discharge without harming the pump or elevating pressures too much. It will surprise you how much fluid flow volume you lose when you step down in hose diameter, or add any bends or 90 degree fittings.

Getting the right pump and setup for tuna tubes can be both an art and a science.

Good luck!

Robert

Hi Robert

Question : are you running 4 tubes or 2 tubes

We are running 2 :

Thx

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
General rule is 1,200gph per tube ,It's gonna be a bigger price tag but a pump box will do all your live wells and your tubes . And in my opinion it's the way to go . Then you can individual valve everything and use bilge
Pumps of different sizes . Plus it's only one hole in the boat , and you can probably put in place of exsisting thru hull .JMO

Something like this ?

This is what I had imagined but have been told : No it's a yacht

Not a kingfish boat

The picture here shows the set up in a 70 foot Richie Howell

Must be the 70 kingfish edition

Attachments

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Something like this ?

This is what I had imagined but have been told : No it's a yacht

Not a kingfish boat

The picture here shows the set up in a 70 foot Richie Howell

Must be the 70 kingfish edition
Kingfish boat or yachts ,sea chest are awesome . Makes life simple changing pumps . If livebaits your thing I believe it's the way to go.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I am sure Saunders can do the job right but it likely will be costly. You might try Ron Rowley of RonTek Marine (251-609-3121) to see if he can do it. He works on a number of boats at Sportsman.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Mike
I have mine set up for maximum flexibility so to speak. I have two Deep Blue Marine 3 tube "boxes" as well as three Kodiak tubes that fit in the transom live well with a bracket/top that holds them in place and makes things look ok. I know I can run the two Deep Blue setups with my pump and I am assuming I could run the all three at the same time, but doubt I will ever go out that way as I usually like having the transom live well for smaller tuna size baits. With my Deep Blue boxes once the we quit live baiting they both fit in my engine room out of the way.

It's not the best situation but it works for us.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Call bill Swick with "gulf coast werks" . He builds and installs tubes. He is building me a set of 3 now . Don't go through your sea chest you will get bubbles. Install a 2 inch thru hole.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
. Don't go through your sea chest you will get bubbles. Install a 2 inch thru hole.
Exactly... If you get bubbles you have wasted your time and money and will continue pouring money into it until you get it right. If you are serious about it and want your baits to live more than 5 minutes go independent of all your other pumps and plumbing. It's also important to have as few elbows and turns in your plumbing as possible to prevent any bubbles. Msviking is right on the pump, the bigger the better, you can always choke it down. You don't want anything smaller than 1hp for two tubes

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Exactly... If you get bubbles you have wasted your time and money and will continue pouring money into it until you get it right. If you are serious about it and want your baits to live more than 5 minutes go independent of all your other pumps and plumbing. It's also important to have as few elbows and turns in your plumbing as possible to prevent any bubbles. Msviking is right on the pump, the bigger the better, you can always choke it down. You don't want anything smaller than 1hp for two tubes

Bill has been reached and the job is booked

Thx Guys for all your input :thumbsup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I Have a variable Speed pool pump for sale $800, Bill Swick recommended and installed it for us, Just got a new boat so we don't need it anymore. Just throwing that out there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts