Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
hello,

I talked to a guy over in spanish fort the other day and he told me they are in mobile bay around the crab pots and channel markers in decent numbers.As for around here you dont hear of many being caught.I also would like to catch a few ,I heard they are excellent eating.

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
They taste great, get the throat out for sure.

Live shrimp under a cork. Drift it with hte current toward the buoy, pot or whatever and hang on.

·
Registered
665 Posts
yeah any advice on this would be nice i would love to catch a triple tail before i start school again.

you never hear of any being caught , but then again you dont hear of many people around here fishing for them. a buddy of mine was fishing for black snapper on the backside of perdido key last summer and caught a little one that was about 5lbs.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
check out my post under inshore reports. we had to go to alabama to catch ours, and we hired a good guide. would love to catch some locally but haven't found 'em yet...i have a boat if you want to try it around here, but i have no idea where to go...

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mike...i read your report and thats one of the things that got me interested. I have abay boat with a 140 suzuki, when i get ready to give it a shot i'll let you know. thanks

It looks like mobile bay is the place to go. any additional info would be great folks

tide? incoming, outgoing, slack

moon?

time of day? morning, midday, afternoon?

clean water? dirty water?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts