Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WTB Inshore spinners

im looking for inshore size...doesnt matter if the company says for fresh or saltwater use...as i take care of my stuff and they both do the job inshore...25-40 size depending on the brand is what im looking for ...some 4000s are bigger than others and are to big for what im looking for ...let me know what you got ...wont consider penns unless they are dirt cheap..i dont really like there smaller reels ... cash or possible trades ...i have a really nice king setup i might trade for the right stuff...post pics or you can text them to me ...nate 850 376 4908 ...i travel alot between p-cola and p-city ...i live by hurlbirt field on highway 98 in mary esther

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks ..but only interested in battles if they are dirt cheap...rather pay more for something i really want..those are to close to full retail for a reel that to me is just decent...its an ok reel dont get me wrong ..i just dont think they cast as good as the others that have better spools...right now i have an older catalyst..the one with blue and gold.. a new abu garcia inshore revo..and some smokes...i love all of them ...i have used and sold many others ..the battle included...i keep and use what feels good and works for me...i have yet to own a stradic of any kind ..have used a friends for a few minutes ..but for me its hard to tell in 20 casts if i like it or not...and they do not come up for sale that often at a decent price ...i might go buy some more smokes new since i know i like them...but not gonna spend the money on a stradic im unsure i will like in the long run...sorry for the ramble ...thanks for the reply...but im not willing to pay 80 a piece for used 20 size battles...however good the condition may be

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a Penn battle 4000 that I'm trying to trade for a iPhone 4 or 4s. I'll consider any phone tho....

I just received this message^^
IS THIS GUY FOR REAL...PLEASE DONT MESSAGE ME WITH CRAZY STUFF LIKE THIS

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have a Penn battle 4000 that I'm trying to trade for a iPhone 4 or 4s. I'll consider any phone tho....

I just received this message^^
IS THIS GUY FOR REAL...PLEASE DONT MESSAGE ME WITH CRAZY STUFF LIKE THIS
Wow, you obviously don't have 1 clue what you are talking about. Do you really think a iPhone 4 goes for 500$ (that's what he replied to me) they are all over craigslist for 100-150$ . You won't even pay that much for a iPhonee 4 new with a two year contract. Learn what you are talking about before you put me out there like that. Good try though.

·
OCD Reel Service/Repair
6,067 Posts
If you are still using the Smoke reels you won't find much better. A Stradic doesn't even get close to a "Smoke"..Or any of the top end Quantum reels

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats what i was wondering ..but since everyone raves about the stradics i thought id look for one...but i love my smokes ...and the revo is great...but it costs more new than the dang smoke does...i even have a wright & mcgill sabalos ..its pretty dang good but not as good as the others..id be ok with getting 3 more smokes

·
Redfish
289 Posts
I've had extremely good luck with shimano siennas. And they only cost about $30 brand new! I have 6 of them that I let friends use when we go so if something happens to them I'm not out $200. I actually prefer to use them most of the time as mine have taken a beating and still are kicking ass! I use them more than any of my Penn's. Its definitely worth $30 IMO. they've dragged many bull reds up in the pass and even brought in a few kings with no problems! Oldest one I have is 3 years old and very heavily used! Anyone else had as good a luck with these as I have?

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have a soltace that i bought in a pinch about a year ago ...i thought i needed to have another setup ready to go for a tournament ..wnated something rigged to throw another bait..seems to cast and retrieve fine ..has held up fine ..it has been banged around with my others ...the only problem is ive never hooked anything over 10oz on it ..so i have no clue how it works under stress..it was only 40 bucks ...so i havent felt the urge to sell it for half of what i paid for it yet ...i really wanna hook something on it..before i make that decision

·
I'd Love to Catch a
3,904 Posts
thats what i was wondering ..but since everyone raves about the stradics i thought id look for one...but i love my smokes ...and the revo is great...but it costs more new than the dang smoke does...i even have a wright & mcgill sabalos ..its pretty dang good but not as good as the others..id be ok with getting 3 more smokes
Glad you like that Revo! I'm kind of kicking myself for letting it go. I have a Stradic as well but I'd love to find one of those Revos in a 40 size for a good price.. They give Ci4's a run for their money any day.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I've heard some folks really praise the smoke. I might buy one of those myself. I have 5 Stradic FJs ranging from the 6000 to 3000. I dig these reels. Very smooth, very durable, and braid friendly. One of the 3000s has been battle-tested by mucho false albacore ... it still feels like it is brand new.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Smoke

If you are still using the Smoke reels you won't find much better. A Stradic doesn't even get close to a "Smoke"..Or any of the top end Quantum reels
I picked up one of the original "Smokes" because it looked really cool and was full metal. I loved it! Sold it to a good friend who wouldn't take no for an answer and picked up one of the new "inshore" models. Agree with OM...sold my Stradic Ci4 when I got the first Smoke.

Didn't check this, but heard they offer a 5000 series in the new inshore series.

·
Registered
661 Posts
i have a ci4 4000 if you're interested. just got cleaned and greased. also got all bearings replaced and a new pinion gear

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I picked up one of the original "Smokes" because it looked really cool and was full metal. I loved it! Sold it to a good friend who wouldn't take no for an answer and picked up one of the new "inshore" models. Agree with OM...sold my Stradic Ci4 when I got the first Smoke.

Didn't check this, but heard they offer a 5000 series in the new inshore series.
im partial to my quantums anyway..i love my old catalyst ...and yes these smokes are even better..i have the originals not the inshore models...and yes they have a ..im thinking i could fish for macks all day with a 5000 smoke with the right setup of rod and line

·
OCD Reel Service/Repair
6,067 Posts
I Just received 2 new Smoke 50's today and they are mighty sweet reel..!! 10 bearings and all in the right places. I already went thru them and changed the 1 nylon drag washer in the stack to Carbontex to match the others. A very lighweight reel at only 10 ounces.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts