Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Aw hell.
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to get a couple guys together to hit up the inshore snapper sometime this week or Saturday. Would anyone be interested in launching from Ft. Pickens to try out the pass? Im thinking Thursday afternoon for a few hours, or Sunday early for the better part of the day.

-Matt

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
would u recommend for a new guy goin my first yak the most ive paddled is from under perdido bridge in the icw to big lagoon
I wouldn't do it only being your 2nd time in the yak. I would think you would need to be more comfortable with it and know what it will or will not do. You need to go out with no gear and practice flipping it and getting back in while in the water. it's not if you flip but when. If you feel comfortable enough to do it though that would be your call

·
Registered
671 Posts
Be aware of the wind direction. Two mile paddle out with a north wind helping is no big deal....until you turn around to get back in and have to paddle AGAINST the wind. Just saying to check the forecasts first.

·
Pensacola Live Bait Boat
595 Posts
I'm finishing up with work here in Tampa. I'll be home tonight ready for Thursday. Pm. Or text me 850.316.6940. I'm off all rest of the week and next

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Be aware of the wind direction. Two mile paddle out with a north wind helping is no big deal....until you turn around to get back in and have to paddle AGAINST the wind. Just saying to check the forecasts first.
Very good point. The paddle/pedal back is always a lot harder if you out there fishing for a while even without a north wind. I always watch the forecast closely.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts