Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I primarily fish out of a kayak or wade in bays, lagoons, river, etc. in Perdido Key Orange Beach area. I have one rod which is medium power, fast action,6-12 lb line wt and 1/4-3/4 oz lure wt. I want to get a second rod to use when yak fishing so I can have two rigs with lures/baits ready to go.

Should I get another rod with the same specifications or would it be better for the second rod to be rated higher for line wt and lure wt?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Get the pair first ,then get one more flexible....This will give you a different twitch when working plastics....Also ,trout seem to pull hooks more often with stiffer setups.....

·
Super Moderator
28,501 Posts
I like to match up my rods and reels...I use 4K series reels and they have caught everything from pin fish to 25-30 lb bull reds/kings/AJ

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,547 Posts
I match all of my rods, but if you are doing things like structure fishing and trying to pull fish away. Then you will need a stiffer rod. I use the limber rods as well, and they suit me great for open water flats fishing. I also downsized to a 2500 reel, for sitting in the kayak and using mostly arms and shoulders.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts