Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother is coming into town and looking to do some inshore fishing for reds and specs with Fly or light tackle. I'm looking for a guide recommendation for Pensacola, Navarre, or Destin area. Thanks PFF in advance.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
It all depends on the type fishing you want to do. If you are wanting to target specks and reds in the shallow waters of the upper bays then Redfish University is a great choice. Another choice for that type fishing would be Bill Willis of Lost Bay Charters. I met Bill Sunday at the Archie Glover boat ramp and he seemed like a great guy and he was cleaning a good mess of fish for his clients.

If you are wanting to fish around Pensacola Pass and chase the schools of bullreds then there are several good choices for that have been metioned. I would be parshall to choosing Brad King for that because of his frequent and successful reports posted here on the forum.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
My brother is coming into town and looking to do some inshore fishing for reds and specs with Fly or light tackle. I'm looking for a guide recommendation for Pensacola, Navarre, or Destin area. Thanks PFF in advance.
its just a little further east but check out http://www.grassyflatscharters.com/ great guide and loves fly fishing....went with him a month ago and saw over 50 reds in about a foot of water but the 20kt wind didnt help the cause.

·
Registered
258 Posts
i second the tyler massey vote.. good time, friendly, knowledgeable and able to put you on any fish you wanna catch..hot spots represent. he took my family out when they came down and we had a great time, caught tons of big fish on a half a day charter.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts