Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this time of year im normally chasing snapper/grouper/kings in the gulf but with the boat waiting to get fixed, my fishing partner and i are landlocked. weve been fishin the sound for reds and specksfrom late morning to midday. using live pinfish under a cork and draggin pinfish and bullminnows on the bottom. weve been fishin some grass flats and a few old docks but havent had any luck so far in 3 trips. like i said before, i normally fish the gulf this late in the summer so i dont know much about summer inshore fishing. i havent had to wade fish in a long time.

should we fish at night or early morning... keep fishing the flats and docks or find some oyster beds or jetties or channels??

any help or insight would be appreciated! and if anyone wants to be really generous andPM mea specific location that would be awesome! if not, thats ok too! i understand that once you find a good spot, youre not happy to give it out. and i wouldnt want anyone to give me their honey hole anyway. thanks in advance for any help!

·
Topwater Bluefish fan
1,276 Posts
save ur milk money and buy a boat and u can fish the entire gulf coast for cobes.

I seem to recall........

Attachments

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
Look at Google Earth. Find Naval Live Oaks in Gulf Breeze and any place that remotely resembles that.

And, get there early. late morning and it's over.

NLO is a big area so keep searching it till you find a hot spot.

·
Registered
178 Posts
JoeZ's and Troutslayer's advice isin my opinion thebest bet. Take some gulp shrimp with you sometimeand see what happens;switchup the routine or try a new spot if you aren't getting hits. Remember that you are allowed to walk any shore and wade any water as long asyou arebelow the tide line; however, you can not use private property to access the shore. There are tons of dock lights you can fish by doing this and a good bit of grass beds, just do your research. If all else fails, break down and buy some live shrimp.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Baitcaster (8/4/2008)save ur milk money and buy a boat and u can fish the entire gulf coast for cobes.

I seem to recall........
saving my "milk money" to fish for cobes wont help me right now and as i said in my post, we have a boat, its just broke down right now... thanks for the replies and PMs, ill let yall know how i do!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts