Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand someone acquired the Avalon river boat molds. Does anyone know who bought them? Also does anyone know what happened to lee boats?

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
A lot of molds for the deer feeders and shooting houses are still at the Avalon factory. Not sure about the boat molds but, I haven’t seen anything splashed off of those molds since they shut down.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those old boats are getting hard to find. Sold my Kennedy kraft in 2014 and regret it every since. favorite boat I ever owned. I'd like to find an old Avalon 138

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Perry Boats, Right next to Big Bend Outfitters. Pretty sure they only build Pangas though.
He had a few others but, Haven't been down there in a few years since I bought a boat from Big Bend. I heard he makes molds for several boat companies so that could be the reason he had different ones sitting out there

·
I'd Love to Catch a
3,915 Posts
Dang it, now you've got me thinking about how much I would love an Avalon 153. If anyone has one they are looking to get rid of....

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
2,985 Posts
Mike may have one, I'm sure he has the old collins craft molds, unless he's sold them? He's on the forum, I think it's Big Mike (maybe), he's in Pace, somewhere around Floridatown road and Jernigan road.
I have a 14' Lee Boat. And the guy at Century Marine in Century has a few Lee Boat molds. g/l

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
I have owned 3 of them and had a lot of fun with them. Very sturdy cannot hurt them. Very good river boats but bad when you get a small wave they seem to dip and rise and wet.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Dang it, now you've got me thinking about how much I would love an Avalon 153. If anyone has one they are looking to get rid of....
Ray Odom is my Grandfather. I remember helping him roll the 153 mold out of the warehouse for a guy to buy. If I remember correctly the guy that bought the 153 mold was located in Pensacola. I couldn’t tell you his name or where his shop is at but he did fiberglass work and wanted to start making small boats.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
I believe jolly Rogers marine services bought 3molds from a guy that use to build Avalon boats haven’t seen them yet but will take a few pics Monday when we get them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Not sure on the asking price. Some on the forum said it was worth $2500. I spent a lot on it-keel guard, rims/tires, winch and a waterpump for the motor. The motor is slow to start so will have Outboards Unlimited look at it before I sell.

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,914 Posts
Always wondered what happened to the molds that Claymont Boats had. Clay said he couldn't come up with a better design so he copied the Kennedy design, widened it to 60" at the top, 48' at the bottom and put in a solid floor.
Owned hull #3.

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
2,985 Posts
I loved the old Kennedy Crafts, the 70's ones. I had one and the chines were so small/short, the boat would slide across the water when taking a turn at wot. You had to start turning way before the run you wanted to go in, and that was with a 25hp motor. It was fun back then, not so many boats on the water then either.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts