Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a bit of a nut when it comes to my kids health, and the food they eat. I came across a site that gave a very good and comprehensive list of items that should be looked at more closely.

Here is the list.

Cut back on:
CORN SYRUP
DEXTROSE (CORN SUGAR, GLUCOSE)
FRUCTOSE
HIGH-FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP
HYDROGENATATED STARCH HYDROLYSATE
INVERT SUGAR
LACTITOL
MALTITOL
MANNITOL
POLYDEXTROSE
SALATRIM
SALT
SORBITOL
SUGAR
TAGATOSE
XYLITOL

Caution:
ARTIFICIAL COLORINGS:
BLUE 1, CITRUS RED 2, RED 40
BROMINATED VEGETABLE OIL (BVO)
BUTYLATED HYDROXYTOLUENE (BHT)
DIACETYL
HEPTYL PARABEN
STEVIA, REBIANA

Certain people should avoid:
NATURAL FLAVORING: ANNATTO
BENZOIC ACID
CAFFEINE
CARMINE/COCHINEAL
CASEIN
GUARANA
GUM ARABIC (ACACIA)
GUM TRAGACANTH
HVP (HYDROLYZED VEGETABLE PROTEIN)
LACTOSE
MSG (MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE)
MYCOPROTEIN/QUORN
QUININE
SODIUM BENZOATE
SODIUM BISULFITE
SODIUM CASEINATE
SULFITES
SULFUR DIOXIDE

Avoid !!!:
ACESULFAME-K
BLUE 2, GREEN 3, ORANGE B, RED 3, YELLOW 5, YELLOW 6
ASPARTAME (NUTRASWEET)
BUTYLATED HYDROXYANISOLE (BHA)
CARAMEL COLORING
OLESTRA (OLEAN)
PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL (TRANS FAT)
POTASSIUM BROMATE
PROPYL GALLATE
SACCHARIN
SODIUM NITRATE
SODIUM NITRITE

Remember you are the key to your kids food nutrition and well being. Here is to good health.:thumbup:

Link to page: http://www.cspinet.org/reports/chemcuisine.htm

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Unfortunately, major corporations who have bought and paid for lots of politicians make sure that they can continue to feed your kids crap at school. Mine has taken her lunch for years. She won't eat school food.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I see kids with junk food even when they bring their lunches. The grocery store aisles are full of processed foods. This is all very tempting to working stiffs.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Yeah, the industry just changed the name of "high fructose corn syrup" to "corn sugar" to break away from the stigma associated with it. Nothing the public could do about it. It sounds similar to "cane sugar" which is considered a healthier sugar because of the type of sugar (has more glucose than fructose).

Expect more of this to come as the public becomes more and more aware of these potentially harmful ingredients.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I'll admit im a bit of a nut too when it comes to what foods my kids are eating.

Its a struggle everyday because of how entrenched society has become in overly processed and calorically dense foods. Grandparents are the worst! Thankfully mine are not in public school yet........ I've heard the saying go something like...."About 50% of parenting comes from the parents, the other 25% is from the other kids and the other 25% is the other kids parents.

cheers to anyone fighting the good fight cause it aint easy.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,546 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
76 Posts
The best source of real medical advice and diet I have found is UnDoctored.com by Dr. Davis, Heart M.D. Board Certified. He is the author of "Wheat Belly" and "UnDoctored". I prefer the audio books version.. and UnDoctored is more interesting and less technical.

He says Wheat is the worst food for you.. It causes hunger, spikes the blood sugar worst than a candy bar, causes diabetics and high blood pressure.

I lost 25 lbs with no hunger just cutting out wheat.. but it is in everything. So read the labels.

He gives real medical advice, has a forum for group discussions and a 2 hour web session weekly where he will answer your questions live.. for $15/month membership in his Inner Circle Group. Well worth it. He tells the truth about the medical system, what drugs, test and procedures to avoid, etc..

He reversed his own diabetics after 25 years, and will explain how . plus how to lower blood pressure naturally.

Neither does he sell any supplements or products.

·
Registered
674 Posts
in other words , If it taste good it is bad for you .

Reactions: Hook
1 - 14 of 14 Posts