Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought my first new reel in years a penn sg4000 from outcast and it has a feature that i did not know about until i did the old tire kick. WOW i am super jazzed about this feature! has it just been too long since i bought a new reel? is this a recent development in reel technology? is this a standard? is it on your reel(s)? what do you think about INFINITE ANTI REVERSE (what a cool name too huh?)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
right on pennfish so now im sellin my 4300 to buy an sg3000. just curious what are you replacing your 4400 with? the 4400 was more expensive and doesnt have this feature????? (or at least the old ones dont)

·
Registered
699 Posts
The OLE Confused.

Infinite anti-reverse? I think I get it now. So your saying that the spool on the reel doesn't go backwards at all once you stop reeling? Like my 8500ss that goes backwards a bit then clunk when it stops , allowing an inch or so of line to come off before it goes clunk. In other words no slack in the reel.

·
Registered
392 Posts
SM you got it right no back slap of the reel.

I Swim I've replaced them with acouple QuantumCatalyst40's inshore a Shimano Shara 2500 Fd and going to pick upa couple of the Qunt---30 in the morning.The 2500 and the 30's will work on the boat and the yak.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
right on pennfish ive heard very good things about quantum especially the cabo's. titanium bail spring. still wondering if this is like a standard feature on newer reels?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Look at thedifference between the bearing's, finish,price of the Cat- Boca-Cabo's. You can get2 Cat's for about half the price; if one go's tit's up aftera few years you're still money a head. The old PTI's can't stand up to the salt without extra care,the inshoremodel does fine with aGOODwash down.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
iswim2fish (1/29/2010)just bought my first new reel in years a penn sg4000 from outcast and it has a feature that i did not know about until i did the old tire kick. WOW i am super jazzed about this feature! has it just been too long since i bought a new reel? is this a recent development in reel technology? is this a standard? is it on your reel(s)? what do you think about INFINITE ANTI REVERSE (what a cool name too huh?)
The older model Pennshad alever on the rear of the reel for the reverseon/off and that's what broke on most of my older Penns. Glad to see they don't have that lever on the rear any more.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thats exactly what i thought mguns i never used the damn thing and its just one more thing to take a dump. oh and um the more i fondle my sg4000 the more im convinced my 430 sucks! why are the um uh (430 440045006500etc) series mor expensive than the sg series?:doh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts