Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I didn't report day 1 and 2 so I will give short recap.

Crossbow
Day one sunday AM 3 does 2 yearlings all within 15 yards passed on all of them.

Sunday evening nada.

Monday morning insane. Weather dropping 30 degrees with rain and snow called for that night. At about 830 doe comes over the hill on a good pace looking back the whole time, all of a sudden a loud deep long grunt about 5 seconds worth and surprised crap out of me. All of a sudden a monster 10 point comes crashing over the hill with 3 other does. Hes about 75 yards out and comes down hill to my right with a small spike and small 8 point in tow. He starts chasing these other bucks off and away from his girls...I start grunting about 15 minutes into this whole episode and the deer are running all over hillside and guess what shows up at scrape and licking branch...smallest of all the deer a spike. Right under me and then comes in a small 3 pointer behind me. Then the monster 10 comes in at 21 yards while both little bucks are under me and offers me head and top of chest shot and I take it...SMACK CRACK and he runs up hill about 20 yards in thick stuff licking his wounds. He then takes off to the neighbors property with leaps and bounds with little bucks following. Sit for 30 minutes and find my arrow and blood immediately. Long story in few words

DID NOT FIND HIM..PISSED LOOKED FOR 5 HOURS YESTERDAY AND THIS MORNING. Blood dried up and found no more after about 100 yards.
Oh by the way snowed 2 inches last night.

Tuesday evening just got set up in climber. On nice trail in the snow leading to picked corn field.
I will post details as it goes.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Saw one spike tuesday evening.

Back in tree now, snow is gone and 45 degrees. Ready for action.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Snow still here in Michigan, Indiana line, warmed up to 32, spooked a small deer coming in.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Good luck to you, should be crazy good

1 - 6 of 6 Posts