Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I moved to the area in april and have always wanted to go shark fishing. I have one pen 9.0 with 1500 yards of line and a kayak and was looking for someone else that does this. I would want someone who already does this and has there own gear as well. If you are that guy get at me 636 399 4488

·
Registered
228 Posts
where you prefer to go? im still deciding on big gear but have fun catching the ones i can cast to or freeline. im not really built to yak out bait but i do fish most nights and would love to break it up a bit and fish off the beach. im closest to johnson but depending on location could go a bit further?

·
Constitution Conservative
2,541 Posts
Two friends and I are pulling an all nighter this Sat, we'll be looking to setup around 3-4pm.
We'll be near Ft. Pickens, PM me if you'd like to meet up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If y'all wouldn't mind the extra company, I'd like to join ya on Saturday night. My two oldest boys have flown the nest (Marine Corps and college) and while it's not impossible to go it all alone, it can sure get tough, especially when dropping baits in the dark and trying to de-hook.

·
Constitution Conservative
2,541 Posts
Two of my friends and I met up with Greekfisherman, his brother and Fouled Anchor for some sharking.
A few dropped runs, a 4' +/- un-IDd shark that popped off at the beach and a 5'3" Blacktip that we tagged & released.
Alex was the lucky stiff to get the lone shark on the sand.

I don't think he was too overly happy with it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm very grateful to have shared a fantastic night of sharkin' with y'all. It may have been a little slow, but I was very happy that Ted and Alex managed to get the hook into two sharks. That and the great company all made it worthwhile. Next time I'm bringing some bonito!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts