Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just starting to get a solid feel for kayak fishing the gulf and had to pack up and move back to South Dakota for the summer. Serious mistake. Gulf fishing has seriously ruined me for anything that these lakes have to offer :thumbdown:

But, its good to know there's still something to catch here. Got out with the old man for fathers day and hooked up on some 14-19" walleye. They aren't reds, but they'll still taste just fine.

I'll be back in September (terrible timing for a guy who wants to taste his first snapper). Can't wait to get back!

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Woops! Meant to post in the reports section.

Kenton: Its getting ugly for me. I spend most of my days flipping through bass pro's saltwater catalog and googling mods for my yak. Got the itch, and it won't go away.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I'm with you on the withdrawals. Up in MD for the rest of the year. Making the best of it with bass and northern snakehead.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Oh yes. That brings back memories of fishing a lindy rig in Minnesota and North Dakota for walleye. Great fish to catch and eat

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'm from Ohio and some good memories from Lake Erie and walleye. Thats what got got me hooked on fishing when I was a kid that and perch. But theres nothing like the Gulf It will ruin you. Good luck and maybe it will get better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts