Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this in today. Charlie and Betty are a coupleSusan and I( well I met Charlie first BSing about the Tower) met at Devil's Tower last year and struck up a friendship. Real good people. Have been conversing throughout the past year plus. As you can read...A "ONCE in a LIFETIME opportunity".

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: navy">Charlie and I went hunting for moose. I had a permit. It is a once in a lifetime deal in <SPAN style="COLOR: navy">Idaho<SPAN style="COLOR: navy">. He is a good bull. He scored 144 5/8 which will make the record book. Not too bad for an old farm girl?.lol ?.Charlie is doing good. He is out here working at the dirt factory with me today?. I hope you get moisture soon and I pray that we get a real <SPAN style="COLOR: navy">Idaho<SPAN style="COLOR: navy"> winter? We are in bad need of a very heavy snowy winter?. Boop

<SPAN style="COLOR: navy">

<SPAN style="COLOR: navy">Betty......:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

·
Registered
183 Posts
That is a Shiras Moose. It is the smallest of all the Moose species in body size and usually in antlers. That one is a real toad! One of the best I've seen. She is not kidding about the once in a lifetime deal. Non residents have to buy a landowner permit, a tag with a doozy of a fee, and hire an outfitter to take them. All told, you're looking at 10 grand or more. Some western states have Governors' tags for the Shiras Moose and they usually go at auction for $12k or more. There is some special draw for residents and I'm pretty sure they cannot receive another tag for same species after they have drawn once. Residents usually guide themselves. Really cool trophy. Later, James

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Theyare residents of Soda Springs, ID. Both Charlie and Betty horseback (own about 6 horses and a couple of mules) into the mountains all the time, spend days there. I'd bet they packed it in without a guide as they are familiar with the area I'm sure.

·
Super Moderator
28,512 Posts
That'd be one heck-uv-a taxidermy bill!!! Great job to Betty and thanks fer making the hunters slobber Ron!!!:letsdrink

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Wow Ron that is incredible, like catching 900lb blue. A great experience I am sure.:bowdown Thanks for posting the pic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts