Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shot at a good tom this morning, MISSED, to far away, do ya"ll think it is worth going to the same sopt tomorrow or did I kill my chances?

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Grassflatsfisher (3/27/2010)I'm gonna say that bird won't be back anytime soon. You may find him in the area but I would approach him from a different angle.
X2, but I would start looking for another bird, this one will be on high alert for a while. I would get out of the area and let it settle back down before I went back.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Give it at shot tomorrow. Last year I shot and missed a Gobbler then called him back up about 45 minutes later for the kill. I am fairly certain it was the same bird. Ya just never know. This was clearly the exeption to the rule but I might try him again soon from a different location.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Nascar03 (3/27/2010) do ya"ll think it is worth going to the same sopt tomorrow or did I kill my chances?
Move on...that bird is spooked for a few days. Definitely wouldn't go after him tomorrow. You got any other birds or areas you can try?

If you have a very small piece of land and thats the only bird you have, then like someone said above, approach him from another angle. But, its a better idea to let things settle down. He'll remember what your calls sounded like that almost got him in trouble.So, make some changes in your calling when you go after him again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts