Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have enjoyed reading all the post.....great information!! I mostly freshwater fish but having recently landed my first bull red on a little silver crankbait I have become obsessed with catching my next. I caught this big brute in the mouth of perdido river.....(I sure am going to miss Hurst Hammock)I had no camera or scale in the boat but have taken care of that since. Holding him at my waist his tail was still on the deck of my boat. The best part was that I set out trying to catch one of these giants and pulled it off. Two smaller reds that afternoon one about ten pounds and the other around three plus a nice jackfish and several small bass topped off a perfect solo trip and one I want soon forget. My boat is out of commission at the moment having a new power head installed and complete overhaul but should be ready by christmas. I am so ready to go hunt another big red.....and provide some pics. Well hope to hear from my fellow fisherman.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I will miss the Hammock as well. Im still having withdrawls from that place closing. Congratulations on your big red. You were succsesful in your quest.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Mr Wilson the owner had a stroke last summer. Has some health issues. His wife cant maintain the ramp by her self and it was in need of some expensive repairs. I guess the right guy came along and made them an offer they couldnt refuse. Good for him but shitty for the rest of us. Now one family is going to get all of the water front enjoyment out of that property instead of the rest of the fishing community. Life sucks.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup....and it sure is a long run from seminole.....that really sucks! Thanks for the inside scoop midnight.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Welcome to the forum and glad to see you caught a good red. If you will go about 300 yardsnorth and just north east of the old coast guard station in about 26 ft of water there is a old wreck and the reds are there. GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Yeah those reds get addicting......going to try for a few this weekend myself! Hope to hear some more reports from ya, and if you get real antsy shoot me a pm and we'll hit up one of the piers.

Tight lines!

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the world of saltwater fishing. Good luck getting the boat fixed up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts