Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Instead of bitchin' on a forum not read by our state and federal reps, what groups are on our sides or have a lobby voice? Some group must need some new members. Maybe cancel that new rod purchase and donate to some useful lobbist group would be a good ideal.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
reeltime (10/21/2009)Instead of bitchin' on a forum not read by our state and federal reps, what groups are on our sides or have a lobby voice? Some group must need some new members. Maybe cancel that new rod purchase and donate to some useful lobbist group would be a good ideal.

blahhh hahaha. Yea right. i was one out of like 5 or 6 on this whole forum that donated a few bucks to that fellow "fisherman" that broke his back and couldnt even goto work for months last spring. Bluewater2 i think it was. yea like 5 or 6 bro no joke. Lots of words from the arse on here but not REAL delivery. If they cant donate 5 dollars, scratch that one dollar to a LOCAL out of work AMERICAN father and FISHERMAN then could luck with all that. Most just like to complain. I think i proved that, and if you are in doubt go look at the 6 other threads i posted links too. and alot of others just like to gang up on anyone with an alternative view on something that isnt the popular consensus. and if you are in doubt go look at this thread starting at the top. Goodnite fellas:letsparty

·
Registered
363 Posts
You built this absurd thread by asking for opinions. And now you try to say we are condemning you. Never happened. Justed stated opinion as you asked. Never heard of bluewater2 or his problems so couldn't throw $ his way.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Omega:

you logged onto Pensacola Fishing Forum, asked a provocative question that had to do with the government banning us from catching AJ, then you don't understand why everyone is upset?!?!?!?!?!

Are you <U>freaking</U> kidding me??????

Give me a break... You, sir,are just trying to stir the pot.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
reeltime (10/21/2009)You built this absurd thread by asking for opinions. And now you try to say we are condemning you. Never happened. Justed stated opinion as you asked. Never heard of bluewater2 or his problems so couldn't throw $ his way.

yea i did. i made one thread that was an alternative way to look at it. And in a nutshell i think i was trying to say - hey, stop bitching. You still get to get out there and fish and enjoy the sport, and if you want some meat well there is other meats out there and be grateful you can atleast have the opportunity or even luxury to some to go in the first place. And on top of it that the bitching will fix nothing so why do. I guess no one gets those 2 things. You are speaking in generalizations. I am not saying i am being condemned. But when i say something and 2-5 people retort with the antithesis to every comment i make- well i think that is maybe being a little 'condemned'. I think that did happen. but sorry bro. and i wasnt referring to you about bluewater i was just bringing that up for the sole response to you saying why dont any of these people complaining not buy a new rig and contribute to this cause. There is your answer

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
angus_cow_doctor (10/21/2009)Omega:

Give me a break... You, sir,are just trying to stir the pot.

No, i really am not. I fish and or have fished with lots of different folks. From stud charter capts. to weekend warriors to noobs. That doesnt mean i cant feel like a bunch of men bitching about something they arent going to change in 6 different different threads and even blaming the president about isnt dumb IMO. if thats pot stirring well exxxxxxcussssse me

·
Registered
414 Posts
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl40_lblFullMessage><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=SmallTxt width="80%">

<DIV style="DISPLAY: inline" id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl31_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer onclick="InstantASP_OpenMenu('_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl31_smAuthorName','_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl31_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer','<table width=100% class=PanelBar_OuterTable cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td><table width=100% cellspacing=1 cellpadding=7><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>View Member\'s Profile</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>Add to Buddy List</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendPrivateMessage\',\'6981\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Private Message\'>Send Private Message</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendEmail\',\'6981\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Email To Member\'>Send Email To Member</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butShowMemberPosts\',\'6981\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Find All Member\s Posts\'>Find All Member\'s Posts</a></tr></td></tr></table></td></tr></table>','165px');" onmouseover="InstantASP_OpenMenuMouseOver('_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl31_smAuthorName','_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl31_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer','<table width=100% class=PanelBar_OuterTable cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td><table width=100% cellspacing=1 cellpadding=7><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>View Member\'s Profile</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>Add to Buddy List</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendPrivateMessage\',\'6981\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Private Message\'>Send Private Message</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendEmail\',\'6981\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Email To Member\'>Send Email To Member</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butShowMemberPosts\',\'6981\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Find All Member\s Posts\'>Find All Member\'s Posts</a></tr></td></tr></table></td></tr></table>','165px');">OMEGA- I think that you assume that there will always be "catch and release". The NMFS could completly shut down whole areas of fishing and make them "NO FISH ZONES" meaning no fishing at all, no trolling,no catch and release, no targeting species that are not endangered because of the by-catch of the socalled "endangered species". The AJ closure by itself is not as upsetting as the incrementalism that the NMFS is taking.They takelittle bit at a time so it seems like itis justa menisculebit, but thennext year it is a little bit more, and a little bit more and another species here and another closure there, and before you know it, people will start targeting the species that are not regulated like yft,wahoo,mingos,snowies, ect.... Now the NMFS needs to regulate these new species and restrict bag limits and enforce closures until there really won't be anything to fish for. That's why I think it is a big deal. </DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Gone Fishin' Too (10/21/2009)<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl40_lblFullMessage><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=SmallTxt width="80%">

<DIV style="DISPLAY: inline" id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl31_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer onclick="InstantASP_OpenMenu('_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl31_smAuthorName','_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl31_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer','<table width=100% class=PanelBar_OuterTable cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td><table width=100% cellspacing=1 cellpadding=7><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>View Member\'s Profile</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>Add to Buddy List</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendPrivateMessage\',\'6981\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Private Message\'>Send Private Message</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendEmail\',\'6981\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Email To Member\'>Send Email To Member</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butShowMemberPosts\',\'6981\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Find All Member\s Posts\'>Find All Member\'s Posts</a></tr></td></tr></table></td></tr></table>','165px');" onmouseover="InstantASP_OpenMenuMouseOver('_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl31_smAuthorName','_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl31_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer','<table width=100% class=PanelBar_OuterTable cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td><table width=100% cellspacing=1 cellpadding=7><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>View Member\'s Profile</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>Add to Buddy List</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendPrivateMessage\',\'6981\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Private Message\'>Send Private Message</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendEmail\',\'6981\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Email To Member\'>Send Email To Member</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butShowMemberPosts\',\'6981\'); onmouseover=\'window.status=window.location;return true;\'; onmouseout=window.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Find All Member\s Posts\'>Find All Member\'s Posts</a></tr></td></tr></table></td></tr></table>','165px');">OMEGA- I think that you assume that there will always be "catch and release". The NMFS could completly shut down whole areas of fishing and make them "NO FISH ZONES" meaning no fishing at all, no trolling,no catch and release, no targeting species that are not endangered because of the by-catch of the socalled "endangered species". The AJ closure by itself is not as upsetting as the incrementalism that the NMFS is taking.They takelittle bit at a time so it seems like itis justa menisculebit, but thennext year it is a little bit more, and a little bit more and another species here and another closure there, and before you know it, people will start targeting the species that are not regulated like yft,wahoo,mingos,snowies, ect.... Now the NMFS needs to regulate these new species and restrict bag limits and enforce closures until there really won't be anything to fish for. That's why I think it is a big deal. </DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

oooohhh ok, i get it! Nevermind what was i thinking! :grouphug:letsdrink

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
King Crab (10/21/2009) The point is we or us aredisscussing the pro's & cons of things on here& thatsreason we're on here. or shouldI say, thats why I'm on here. Next?:sleeping

Not much of a discussion, so far all I have seen is Omega trying to make everyone believe his point of view is the CORRECT one, while letting everyone else know how flawed their logic is for being upset about the government eroding your rights one day at a time.

Flawed / nonexisting science should not be allowed to be used by the government as an excuse to regulate your rights away for this public resource.

We have too many Sheeple in this country...

Sheeple is a term of disparagement, a portmanteau created by combining the words "sheep" and "people."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheeple

People who unquestioningly accept as true whatever their political leaders say or who adopt popular opinion as their own without scrutiny

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/sheeple

·
Registered
848 Posts
how about this

let omega think what he wantsand not catch any fish

and the rest of us can catch all of em

he knew when he started thisthread that all it would do is stir the pot a little bit more

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Guys you have all made very valid points to his "questions". But the truth is he is the one on here whinning. We all know there is no shortage of ajs, or red snapper. I have been here 40 years and the fishing for these have never been better. Omega just wants to push your buttons because he knows everyone is upset about it. If there was really a shortage then the commercial guys should be shut down as well, but there is no shortage. Just wait in a few years when we are not allowed to grow squash or corn in our own garden, we will have to get it from the commercial guy, Omega will be on the "pensacola gardening forum" wondering why people care about growing thier own when hey can BUY all they want from the store. He really has no clue why we fish, and it is a losing battle trying to explain it. Mabey one day we will be allowed to go somewhere and rent a pet for the day because uncle sam has decided he needs to control that too. If we never talked about these problems we could never organizeanything to fight them, like the rfra.

·
Registered
363 Posts
gameaholic (10/22/2009)If we never talked about these problems we could never organize anything to fight them, like the rfra.

Do you mean RFA? www.joinrfa.org

If you meant the RFRA their website is and has been down for some time, http://reeffishra.com.

How effective has the RFRA been in protecting fisherman's rights? I'm uninformed about their success and only ask as I consider getting more involved in these issues. Sometime back it seemed the general gov't attitude towards RFRA arguments were that they were highly emotional and less than professional, which often becomes less effective. I'm not knocking the RFRA, just wanted some information.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Please stop arguing with this guy. It has gone past sympathy for someone who is uneducated on the amberjack issue to straight up, you're an idiot.

Almost everyone on here has answered your question two-fold.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Yep sure have. And the concensus is that is IS bitching, and the bitching is because of the government takin it away and that they have faulty numbers. Loud and clear sir.

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
Omega,

Thanks for the PM exchange last night. Just keep an <U>"open mind"</U> what is important to one person may not be important to another.

This is important to the rec fisherman/fishergals...

I (like many others) have been around the world several times, seen many different cultures and haveseen many bad situations/experiences I wish I would have never seen or had. We here in the States still have the best way of life in the world. This, i am afraid may bechanging with what is going on here at home and in the world.

When someone gets a freedom (go catch fish) taken away for the wrong reason (because they said so), makes one think what is coming next.

This is my last post here, like I said last night, I was very hesitant to make the first post on your thread. You have seen and heard the PFF's thoughts.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Back in the Reagan years (for us old farts) the Govt. took initiatives to increase wild game habitat. Since then, in many areas of the country, game populations increased dramatically. I remember when you couldn't even hunt Canadian Geese in AR. Now they are like flees on a dog, and the Govt opened the season back up. The Federal Govt. should spend more time creating habitat (Sink NO?) so the the fish stocks would increase instead of trying to limit what is there. I understand individuals, organizations and State Govt's are trying, but it needs a nationwide effort to help. Can anyone say Stimulus money?

41 - 60 of 90 Posts