Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
ok so you kept some cobia. Now lets say next year you go out the pass and see thousands of cobia everyday all spring and the man tells you he studied the cobia population and decided it was in danger and you cant keep none. And he keeps telling you this every year while you keep see more and more cobia. I guess you just crack another beer and say oh well i guess the man knows what he's talking about, I'm just here for fun in the sun and i can always buy some tilapia on the way home.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
guess you missed the meaning there. It was in a tourney. didnt matter if i kept the meat or feed the crabs. i was referring to spending money on the sport for reasons other than meat

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
OMEGA (10/21/2009)the data is there i assure you. THere is almost 6 billion mouths on this planet. There is your data. Who has posted the numbers on the forum about that. There will continue to be more closures and or restrictions. That is just part of it. THis aint ernest hemmingway days. Those days are OVER!!
First of all,6 billion mouths on the planet dont know squat about amberjack or RS. Whats next? How many ears of corn you can have per person or grow in your back yard? I say this, If you want Amberjack to eat, Come pay someone to catch it or catch it yourself. If i want to ride a camel. I guess I'll pay someone to ride a camel. Unless I buy 1 myself. Dont restrict locals from thier right to catch thier local fish. If I want a Fricken Halibut, i'll pay someone to catch it. Or drive a boat to alaska & pay the fee's to do it my self. Dont believe for 1 minute that the Nmfs Or our government is looking out for you & me. NO WAY. They are all about money, Not conservation. Wake up. Quit watching NatGEo. Make decisions on what you know, Not what the Boob Tube tells you.:banghead

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
mahi (no limit)wahoo(no limit)tunas (no limit) trigger fish, mingo, almaco, black snapper, cobia, swordfish, grouper, tile, macks. etc. your right there is no meat.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
King Crab (10/21/2009)
OMEGA (10/21/2009)the data is there i assure you. THere is almost 6 billion mouths on this planet. There is your data. Who has posted the numbers on the forum about that. There will continue to be more closures and or restrictions. That is just part of it. THis aint ernest hemmingway days. Those days are OVER!!
First of all,6 billion mouths on the planet dont know squat about amberjack or RS. Whats next? How many ears of corn you can have per person or grow in your back yard? I say this, If you want Amberjack to eat, Come pay someone to catch it or catch it yourself. If i want to ride a camel. I guess I'll pay someone to ride a camel. Unless I buy 1 myself. Dont restrict locals from thier right to catch thier local fish. If I want a Fricken Halibut, i'll pay someone to catch it. Or drive a boat to alaska & pay the fee's to do it my self. Dont believe for 1 minute that the Nmfs Or our government is looking out for you & me. NO WAY. They are all about money, Not conservation. Wake up. Quit watching NatGEo. Make decisions on what you know, Not what the Boob Tube tells you.:banghead

and you just keep that attitude and let me know how that works out for you. NO shit they dont care and its about money. For the 9th time the point is you aint gonna do jack shit about it!! and all the whinin and complaining isnt going to either! So who needs to wake up? Like i said atleast you have the freedom to go fishing at all. So dont act like this is third world soviet union dude. Count your blessings. thats allllll i was trying to say:usaflag:usaflag:usaflag:usaflag:usaflag:usaflag:usaflag

·
Registered
337 Posts
OMEGA (10/21/2009)PLEASE dont take take this the wrong way. I dont see how that is an applicable analogy, at all. THats not even apples and oranges- that's apples and legumes. I dont see how its the same. IF it is agreed that people DO NOT take up serious salt water angling for just the "meat", then why the uproar when you cant keep some of the meat for a limited time. Go out, get on the water. Have a beer or redbull or w-e your flavor. Find and Fight the fish. Snap some good photos. Keep what you can when you can. Call it a day! at that you are still way more fortunate than MANY MANY people. But still gotta bitch. What you are referring to or making an analogy to i think is called getting 'skunked'. Thats a whoooole notha' issue there. And if it is about the meat it is avg of 5.99 p/ lb and i know where they have PILES of it! :letsdrink
The premise or your question is wrong. It is true that offshore fishing is not a way to get cheap meat.

It is the only way to fresh (hours old) fish and the satisfaction of getting it yourself. Men are basically hunter-gathers by nature.

the fish you catch yourself will always taste better and be more fulfilling. Just as the things in life you work hard for will be more

pleasurable than things that are just given to you.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Well , If me& you Aint gonna do Jack shit about it , Why are we disscussing it? Because we have our beliefs & wants. You believe in your ways of how things are gonna be. Some dissagree with that. some refuse to believe in it. The point is we or us aredisscussing the pro's & cons of things on here& thatsreason we're on here. or shouldI say, thats why I'm on here. Next?:sleeping

·
Registered
9 Posts
i hope al gore or michael moore will make movie about fishing soon so we will all understand this inconvienent thruth about the state of our fisheries

·
Praedator
9,917 Posts
I like to fish. I like to eat fish. I take pride in catching the fish that I eat. End of story. For me it's not about cheap meat. It's about eating what I catch and enjoying the fact that I caught it and I ate it. And I enjoyed doing it. Nothing more, nothing less.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Omega, you asked what the uproar is about, get people telling you and then tell them to stop bitching about it. If you didn't want to hear the uproar why the hell did you ask for it? Damn near every post on the subject answered the question. The uproar is about abad data, bad government and bad attitudes. Not meaning to be a dick, just saying. SHB

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
OMEGA (10/21/2009)King C i didnt think it was a

<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/6n10mp2qguQ&hl=en&fs=1& width=425 height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

type issue buddy. i dont feel 'passionate' about it or feel any kinda way about it for that matter. I dont care. Just cuz i asked what all the bitching is about doesnt mean that i am doin concerned about it. Im not presenting anything to the council lol. NEXT :letsdrink
Ok, I missed something, Why is abortion legalitys comparing to fishing? Guess what, Legalizing ab gave certainDr's the right to make money. Of coarse it was for the good of everybody. i do see a good in it. less hand outs to give out. But wait, Did the govt give out ab stamps for the poor? i dont remeber that ever being free. Not a good comparisson. Unless I missed something.:nonono

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
King Crab (10/21/2009)
OMEGA (10/21/2009)King C i didnt think it was a

<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/6n10mp2qguQ&hl=en&fs=1& width=425 height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

type issue buddy. i dont feel 'passionate' about it or feel any kinda way about it for that matter. I dont care. Just cuz i asked what all the bitching is about doesnt mean that i am doin concerned about it. Im not presenting anything to the council lol. NEXT :letsdrink
Ok, I missed something, Why is abortion legalitys comparing to fishing? Guess what, Legalizing ab gave certainDr's the right to make money. Of coarse it was for the good of everybody. i do see a good in it. less hand outs to give out. But wait, Did the govt give out ab stamps for the poor? i dont remeber that ever being free. Not a good comparisson. Unless I missed something.:nonono

you did miss something sorry. wuuuppppp woooouuuu (over you head)

Roe vs. Wade means or is of reference to an argument of polar opposites in which there is nothing to agree on. Hey its all good

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
:doh Now Im not sure why I ever responded to the damn thread. I thought we were talking about big brother telling us what for& why. if we depend on the powers that be to make smart decesions for us , of course not profit based, We are screwed. I grew up in this little town thinking govt was for us. then I grew up& learned, were screwed. Want something worse than it was before, have the govt handle it. Doesnt matter what the facts are. Also , Liars figure & figures lie.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
reeltime (10/21/2009)King Crab, you sound like a soured old curmudgeon or maybe an experienced intellectual.

Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Sorry OMEGA you are not just a little lost you are on another planet.By reading your posts you are either a comercial fisheries lobbyist or a member of P.E.T.A ,or you just haven't been around long enough to experiance the time when a man worked hard to make a liveing and just as hard to enjoy the little free time that he earned,for hunting, fishing,bird watching, or whatever he found to his likeing. IT is obvious you have your own opinion and you have the right to express that opinioin.Even when given many examples of why we fishermen find it truely revolting and unexceptable to have or right's trampled on by a group of polititian's who can seemingly count populations of fish stock from the comfort of their hot tub's.You need to wake up and smell the (burley ) We fishermen as a group, agree that limits can be a good thing,butthose who make the limit'sneed to show us proof of what is being claimed before actions can be taken,After all it is stillWE THE (PEOPLE) OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

21 - 40 of 90 Posts