Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
That's great! Best Wishes for more great reports - I'll be back from this tour around memorial day - looking forward to getting out with you guys/gals.

Stressless</p>

·
Registered
148 Posts
yeah man it all started when i threw out an ol silver mullet from the winter. it didnt last long till a 20# king skyed on it but didnt want it to badd never came back for the rest of it. then i paddled over to the bouys where they got like a barge marina set up with lots of big bouys and had a live cig( which they where everywhere) sittin right behind my boat incase i did see one. you know see one easy throw with a live bait then i heard my bait was nervous and looked back and 2 cobes all over my bait tryin to eat it so pick my rod up toss my live cig to the bigger one and he scarfed it jacked his jaws and fight was on after getting through the barnicle bouy lines . get somwhat situated and the other fish is right at my yak biting at my bait bag with live cigs in it so he was alot smaller prolly around twenty so i put rod with fish on between my legs and pick up my jig rod throw down there and the fish played with it like a dog toy and finnally got him to eat . so here i am 3/4 of a mile out with two cobes on in my kayak what to do ???? set the jig rod in the rod holderfish fish came off and paddled back to beach to finish the better fish off because there is no way someone is putting a cobia in a kayak with them its kinda a death wish but thats the story man and yes in kayakwars peddledrivenpaddlers hahahaha goin again tomorrow

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've yet to catch a cobia from my boat without a tower, how are you able to spot them being even lower on the water? I have a yak too and I am interested in giving that whirl sometime. Also you mentioned dragging it back to the beach, is that possible for apaddling yaker since you suggested NOT to bring the cobia on board.
Thanks

·
Registered
879 Posts
Yes, it's tough to sight cobes from a kayak, but the nice thing about a kayak is it looks just like any other piece of floating debris that attracts fish. If a cobia, dolphin, or whatever is in the vicinity of your kayak it will more than likely come right up to you in hopes of finding baitfish hiding underneath.

Congrats on the cobe!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Way to go Will! I was pretty pumped for you after your dad called to tell me you just caught one! Great story to go with the catch too man. I am going to go on thurs before the seas build any, let me know if you are going. Goodluck in the morn!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">NICE!!<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> Maybe I need to start dragging a kayak behind the boat.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"> Great job.</p>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts