Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl7_lblFullMessage>welcome to just another day at the pier. there out their everynow and then,(FWC) but not very much. (I do have a buddy that sold a cobia to an undercover officer doing a big operation. Had biz cards on him and everything.) undersize? no biggie. over the limit? be aight. Catch a shark? your banned. (pier management that is)Thats about all they enforce. I have seen so many species undersized go in the cooler, esp spanish macs. And not just by the haa-tell folks. But mainly by them. They pay around 10-25dollars for kings in the 10-20 pound range. a couple of them are out there so much i could pick them out of line up! They must have 100 kids or be selling that shit at a asian restaurant. I just try to mind my own biz. Buts its entertaining to say the least. Between the drunk know it alls and the little van staal wielding potty mouth generic disrespectful KIDS out there its about all a guy can stand to have to worry about somebody keeping a 8 inch spanish </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
im glad you hate it, just one less idiot to deal with when im out there

chad403 seems to be on crack cocaine or something. i would like to know where you got the idea of someone cutting your head off. and seriously dont go around calling us "sensitve fucks" when you dont even know us.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
you see? is this guy being protected? i've been around for awhile and don't pretend to know half of what he knows about fishing or what most on here know...but, there is a distinct pattern of antagonistic responses from him...

didn't used to be this way and i'm not being overly sensitive...i've shown my azz on here plenty of times but, shy in comparison to the upsidedown...hell, if you can take hal, elmiril, and the likes, it would take a lot to run me off but, i'm close...

have fun guys...don't count on me and i won't count on you...i know what side my bread is buttered on...

mike

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
jamesc (7/17/2009)Mr. Chris, I hope my responce was not bad. But I feel if someone is doing wrong that the people that are seeing it have a responsibility to turn them in.

Is this wrong?

Don't call me Mr., Mr.!

You are correct that if you see something going on that you feel violates the regulations, you should call the FWC and let them handle it.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Ultralite (7/17/2009)you see? is this guy being protected? i've been around for awhile and don't pretend to know half of what he knows about fishing or what most on here know...but, there is a distinct pattern of antagonistic responses from him...

didn't used to be this way and i'm not being overly sensitive...i've shown my azz on here plenty of times but, shy in comparison to the upsidedown...hell, if you can take hal, elmiril, and the likes, it would take a lot to run me off but, i'm close...

have fun guys...don't count on me and i won't count on you...i know what side my bread is buttered on...

mike

What guy are you talking about Mike?

·
Registered
848 Posts
<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl26_lblFullMessage> <DIV class=Quote>Ultralite (7/17/2009) <HR class=hr noShade SIZE=1>you see? is this guy being protected? i've been around for awhile and don't pretend to know half of what he knows about fishing or what most on here know...but, there is a distinct pattern of antagonistic responses from him...

mike</DIV>

What guy are you talking about Mike?
i was wondering the same thing

·
Super Moderator
12,519 Posts
This thread is hilarious, but I don't know whish part is more funny...

I guess I'm a van staal weilding punk ass kid who is overly sensative and may cut off your head.... hahhahahahaaa...

Give me an effin break.

On another note, I've got fwc on speed dial and call them every SINGLE time I am out there, and they never show.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Ultralite (7/17/2009)you see? is this guy being protected? i've been around for awhile and don't pretend to know half of what he knows about fishing or what most on here know...but, there is a distinct pattern of antagonistic responses from him...

mike
WOW, you broke out the old elmiril name. :)

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
BIG laugh there ole' friend...deeplines, grouper22, xanadu, madmax, badazzchef, wade, chris, medic...scott, scott....etc...you guys had it going on! that's what it was all about!

newbies and the like are good...agree to disagree is always a fine line but, when it comes to fishin' i'll take a bream or a snapper or anything that pulls back on my line...

come see me sometime...forgot to mention...karl (genesus) sp...

mike

·
Registered
515 Posts
What's up Mike? Been a while! Anything good on the dock lately. Hope this derails this thread even more. Much respect to the boats and the pier fishermen as well.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Chris Couture (7/18/2009)Pooping on poop that has already been pooped on doesn't really gain you any browney points :)
If you're referring to my poop, then I apologize. I was under the impression that my poop doesn't stink.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
d45miller (7/18/2009)What's up Mike? Been a while! Anything good on the dock lately. Hope this derails this thread even more. Much respect to the boats and the pier fishermen as well.

has been a while drew...glad to hear from you...always welcome out here...hope all is well and sorry to step on this thread...see my pm...

·
Registered
539 Posts
kingling (7/17/2009)
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl7_lblFullMessage>welcome to just another day at the pier. there out their everynow and then,(FWC) but not very much. (I do have a buddy that sold a cobia to an undercover officer doing a big operation. Had biz cards on him and everything.) undersize? no biggie. over the limit? be aight. Catch a shark? your banned. (pier management that is)Thats about all they enforce. I have seen so many species undersized go in the cooler, esp spanish macs. And not just by the haa-tell folks. But mainly by them. They pay around 10-25dollars for kings in the 10-20 pound range. a couple of them are out there so much i could pick them out of line up! They must have 100 kids or be selling that shit at a asian restaurant. I just try to mind my own biz. Buts its entertaining to say the least. Between the drunk know it alls and the little van staal wielding potty mouth generic disrespectful KIDS out there its about all a guy can stand to have to worry about somebody keeping a 8 inch spanish </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

chad403 seems to be on crack cocaine or something. i would like to know where you got the idea of someone cutting your head off. and seriously dont go around calling us "sensitve fucks" when you dont even know us.

I will give you my personal perception of most pier fisherman. they feel entitled to the pier because they are pier regulars. they gang up on outsiders. also, when they are grouped up they generally do not think about what they are doing very rationally.

example 1) I'm paddling by fort pickens pier on one of my workout sessions. I'm not really fishing but i have a rod in the water, I'm definitely much further out than and of their lines would be because im concious of the fact that people are fishing on that pier. i literally got as far away from that pier as I could without getting hit by a boat. Well you pier rats take it upon yourself to start throwing crap at me. well one guy has the nerve to cast a gotcha lure at me that bounces off my kayak. The only fight in my life i've ever been proud of was when i beached my kayak and beat the hell out of that trash.

Example 2) I'm fishing at pensacola beach pier. I'm out there slaying spanish and the standard crowd of "we own this place we're always here" pier rats show up and get so crowded around me that they are literally casting over me. I try to tell one of them that, "hey, this is a public pier but atleast have my safety in mind when you're shoulder to shoulder with me throwing a gotcha as hard as you can.". then, every time one of these jackass pier rats casted over me I had to deal with him and his friends acting like i was an idiot because he tangled over my line that was already in the water.

I'm completely turned off of pier fishing entirely because of the regulars that come set up shop and act like complete jackasses. it's a poor representation to tourists of my town. it's a poor representation of the south. Above all, its a piss poor representation of the 99% of friendly fisherman in this area.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Jhoe (7/18/2009)
kingling (7/17/2009)

I will give you my personal perception of most pier fisherman. they feel entitled to the pier because they are pier regulars. they gang up on outsiders. also, when they are grouped up they generally do not think about what they are doing very rationally.

example 1) I'm paddling by fort pickens pier on one of my workout sessions. I'm not really fishing but i have a rod in the water, I'm definitely much further out than and of their lines would be because im concious of the fact that people are fishing on that pier. i literally got as far away from that pier as I could without getting hit by a boat. Well you pier rats take it upon yourself to start throwing crap at me. well one guy has the nerve to cast a gotcha lure at me that bounces off my kayak. The only fight in my life i've ever been proud of was when i beached my kayak and beat the hell out of that trash.

Example 2) I'm fishing at pensacola beach pier. I'm out there slaying spanish and the standard crowd of "we own this place we're always here" pier rats show up and get so crowded around me that they are literally casting over me. I try to tell one of them that, "hey, this is a public pier but atleast have my safety in mind when you're shoulder to shoulder with me throwing a gotcha as hard as you can.". then, every time one of these jackass pier rats casted over me I had to deal with him and his friends acting like i was an idiot because he tangled over my line that was already in the water.

I'm completely turned off of pier fishing entirely because of the regulars that come set up shop and act like complete jackasses. it's a poor representation to tourists of my town. it's a poor representation of the south. Above all, its a piss poor representation of the 99% of friendly fisherman in this area.
1. You're talking about 2 different sets of pier rats. Pickens and Gulf Pier. If you're within casting distance of a gotcha, you were probably too close in my opinion. At least you got to beat the hell out of someone. Do you honestly think that was a good representation of the South and the fishermen in our areato any tourists may have witnessed the beatdown?

2. Real pier rats usually aren't fishing with Gotchas. You probably encountered some of the less than considerate unsupervised younger crowd who like to run all over the place nearly hooking people left and right.

As a bit of an outsider who very seldomly fishes the pier, there is such a cross-section of society on the pier that it's impossible to label the jackasses who cross your line or are throwing gotchas too close to you. It's often very frustrating. However, you kind of have to "get in where you fit in". Play along. That's part of the nature and the "joy" of pier fishing. It's a limited amount of space with a potentially infinite amount of fishermen looking to be in the right spot. This just seems like a replay of the sad old tired arguments b/t pier fishermen and boat fishermen. It's been done before and it's freaking old. Sorry to contribute my poop to it. However, you have to respect the skill and the time put in by the true pier regulars. They actually helped me land my first King years ago and were awesome (didn't know any of them). I fish mostly out of a boat now, but I will never forget what I've learned out there and seeing some serious skill displayed on the pier. No offense is intended at all to anyone, just my opinion. If my opinion sucks to you, then that's what's great about it. You can have your own. Much respect to all of you.

·
Registered
539 Posts
1. You're talking about 2 different sets of pier rats. Pickens and Gulf Pier. If you're within casting distance of a gotcha, you were probably too close in my opinion. At least you got to beat the hell out of someone. Do you honestly think that was a good representation of the South and the fishermen in our areato any tourists may have witnessed the beatdown?

2. Real pier rats usually aren't fishing with Gotchas. You probably encountered some of the less than considerate unsupervised younger crowd who like to run all over the place nearly hooking people left and right.

As a bit of an outsider who very seldomly fishes the pier, there is such a cross-section of society on the pier that it's impossible to label the jackasses who cross your line or are throwing gotchas too close to you. It's often very frustrating. However, you kind of have to "get in where you fit in". Play along. That's part of the nature and the "joy" of pier fishing. It's a limited amount of space with a potentially infinite amount of fishermen looking to be in the right spot. This just seems like a replay of the sad old tired arguments b/t pier fishermen and boat fishermen. It's been done before and it's freaking old. Sorry to contribute my poop to it. However, you have to respect the skill and the time put in by the true pier regulars. They actually helped me land my first King years ago and were awesome (didn't know any of them). I fish mostly out of a boat now, but I will never forget what I've learned out there and seeing some serious skill displayed on the pier. No offense is intended at all to anyone, just my opinion. If my opinion sucks to you, then that's what's great about it. You can have your own. Much respect to all of you.

Within casting range of a gotcha is too close? Well I know I can cast a gotcha incredibly freaking far, I also know it was directly targeted at me. I also know that I was already putting myself in danger by kayaking through a freaking major channel just to appease those fisherman. I don't understand how you could consider a kayaker too close there when the damn 50 foot boats that come in there are in casting range.

·
Registered
539 Posts
d45miller (7/18/2009)

[Within casting range of a gotcha is too close? Well I know I can cast a gotcha incredibly freaking far, I also know it was directly targeted at me. I also know that I was already putting myself in danger by kayaking through a freaking major channel just to appease those fisherman. I don't understand how you could consider a kayaker too close there when the damn 50 foot boats that come in there are in casting range.

Yeah, I see a school of Spanish or anything else, I'm going to throw at them. If you're withing that range then you're probably too close. Maybe they did throw at you on purpose. If so, then that is a stupid thing for them to do and I don't see how anyone could possibly condone that. However, if this is your workout session, you could maybe go on the other side of the bay where you dont have to worry about people casting near you and you wouldn't have to fight anyone. Just an idea, there may be a reason why you need to be on the south side. Just a thought. Not being smartass.[/quote]

Maybe they threw at me? you don't see how anyone could condone it?

First off. 90% of the people on this forum will tell you that pier rats will rain led on your boat if you get within casting range.

Secondly. When i feel like having just a good hard paddle with a friend, we generally park his truck at fort pickens. ride back to the beach, paddle down to fort pickens, ride his truck back to the beach. it kind of makes sense.

Third, I'm not a dumbass. I wasn't in the middle of a school of spanish. The dude, typical of a pier rat, was screaming at me telling me I was too close to the pier.

Fourth. you head out that way in a kayak and tell me that being more than 100 yards off the beach when approaching the pass is safe and I will publically kiss your ass at the next PFF social.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Alright Jhoe, go look up the word condone in a dictionary. I'm siding with you there man. Jesus. I try to be non confrontational and you get your panties in a wad. Like I stated, maybe there is a reason you're on the southside. Turns out there is. Sorry brother. Guess this will just be something you'll have to deal with then. There is no answer. I would never cast at you on a kayak. I just hope you don't have to beat the hell out of anyone again in front of tourists. Sorry man.

·
Registered
539 Posts
d45miller (7/18/2009)Alright Jhoe, go look up the word condone in a dictionary. I'm siding with you there man. Jesus. I try to be non confrontational and you get your panties in a wad. Like I stated, maybe there is a reason you're on the southside. Turns out there is. Sorry brother. Guess this will just be something you'll have to deal with then. There is no answer. I would never cast at you on a kayak. I just hope you don't have to beat the hell out of anyone again in front of tourists. Sorry man.

i know what condone means.

I was merely pointing out that even though you cant see a reason. most of those pier rats jump on the chance to establish their dominance or whatever the hell it is they think they are doing.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Jhoe (7/18/2009)
d45miller (7/18/2009)Alright Jhoe, go look up the word condone in a dictionary. I'm siding with you there man. Jesus. I try to be non confrontational and you get your panties in a wad. Like I stated, maybe there is a reason you're on the southside. Turns out there is. Sorry brother. Guess this will just be something you'll have to deal with then. There is no answer. I would never cast at you on a kayak. I just hope you don't have to beat the hell out of anyone again in front of tourists. Sorry man.
i know what condone means.

I was merely pointing out that even though you cant see a reason. most of those pier rats jump on the chance to establish their dominance or whatever the hell it is they think they are doing.
Some do, and that's very unfortunate. I think we've come to an agreement. Sucks that there are those few bad apples. :toast

21 - 40 of 50 Posts