Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is only a question so no one get upset. if i got caught tomorrow with say 1 red snapper how much would it cost? how about three? would it be more? has anyone been caught? has anyone been checked? like i said, this is only a question. i try to obey all rules whether i like them or not. but what if? and also what about being caught a second and third time? i know i'm not the only one who has ever thought about this. am i? Joey

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
The fine in Alabama is up to $400.00 or so per fish not to mention additional consequences like impounding of boats and loosing licenses. I imagine Florida laws aren't much different on how they handle it.

They just don't taste that good to me.

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
tunapopper (1/1/2010)The fine in Alabama is up to $400.00 or so per fish not to mention additional consequences like impounding of boats and loosing licenses. I imagine Florida laws aren't much different on how they handle it.

They just don't taste that good to me.
What about the Feds if caught beyond the 3 mile limit:banghead:banghead:banghead

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Ron, I'm sure the fine isn't much different but being further offshore where nobody can hear you scream they probably tack on an additional non-lubricated, anal reaming to get you on the legal track and never look back.

·
Registered
755 Posts
definitely not worth it, like already stated the endangered red snapper just isn't all that tasty...

·
Registered
481 Posts
Yeah red snapper def. not worth it to me, I think black snapper taste better but thats just my opinion. I know for a fact that repeat offenders really get it handed to them. I was in court one day(yrs ago) and there were several people in there, a couple of them comercial fisherman and I saw one guy get cuffed right thereand taken away and others got there license taken away and some really large fines. I don't agree with alot of laws but I like my freedom and my hard earned moneyway more than any fish.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Team Bloody Waters (1/1/2010)Yeah red snapper def. not worth it to me, I think black snapper taste better but thats just my opinion. I know for a fact that repeat offenders really get it handed to them. I was in court one day(yrs ago) and there were several people in there, a couple of them comercial fisherman and I saw one guy get cuffed right thereand taken away and others got there license taken away and some really large fines. I don't agree with alot of laws but I like my freedom and my hard earned moneyway more than any fish.
It all depends onthe judge. One of frankpattie's crabbers got busted by fwc with a culling basket full of stone crabs and no indorsement, he was dead to rights illegal breaking like 3 laws.Being a repeat hecould have got thousands in fines, jail time, andrevoked license.The judge had been dealing with crack dealers and violent offenders all day and when he got up there for violating a rule at his JOB she gave him the absolute minimum, $50 fine.

It happened about a month ago.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Not worth it. Go fish, keep what is legal and stop by the fish market for the rest. Think of the time it would take going to court, fines and record.

·
Registered
249 Posts
sniper (1/1/2010)Not worth it. Go fish, keep what is legal and stop by the fish market for the rest. Think of the time it would take going to court, fines and record.
+ 1. Enjoy catching the fish. Keep the legal ones and go home happy. If you don't agree with the regs you have to make your voice heard in any way you can. There are many threads on the forum pointing the way.

·
Premium Member
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i agree with all of you and just let me say again that this was only a question. i have wondered about the fines but did not know for sure. i get paid by the hour and it's not nearly enough to waste on something as stupid as this. fishing cost enough as it is. thank's for the input. maybe this will be read by others and save them some money. not saying anyone else is doingwrong but, ya'll know what i mean. thanks, Joey

·
Praedator
9,948 Posts
It all depends on the judge. Every game violation ticket has to go before a judge. It is a notice to appear citation. So if the judge wants to bend you over, they can. If they feel like giving it to you easy, they can do that too.

The can even revoke your fishing license on the first offence or impound your boat if you really piss them off. There is probably a set of guidlines for the judges to follow somewhere. But they are just that, guidelines/suggestions.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Only & I say only if the judge didnt get laid that morning or the night before shall "Hell" Rain down on the! If you nailed his daughter& he or she knows it,:doh Other than a prior fish offense would do you badly. Just depends on the day, week, or month. Or who's the criminal attourney trying to burn you. If the judge doesnt like him or her, Your good. If they're good, Your not! Hows that explanation?:poke

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Definitely not worth taking the risk. I?d do it if I thought they would impound my boat and PAY IT OFF.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Never got in trouble for illeagal fish, but have been caught spearfishing in "illeagal" places, even though it's not illeagal to fish or dive there. It's a court date, and your in there with druggies, probation offenders, thieves, crooks, and other scum. When you get up to hear the charges the judge usually looks at you funny and you end up paying court costs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was on a boat once and we had 1 illegal lobster that had eggs, (tuely was an accident, diver not even out of the water yet)) fine was $500. attorney fees $1000. and two trips to court in S fla. 4 divers on boat no one wanted to admit error finally was told someone take blame or boat impounded all lobster taken and everyone cited. Definetly not worth the chance.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts