Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Ilander Lures

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Hook 
#1 ·
Murphy went fishing with me on the last trip. He dumped my bait box, including 8 islander skirts:banghead Needless to say, I'm stocking back up, hoping it will lay down as this weekend is my last shot for '07.

For Wahoo and Billfish on 30# tackle what size skirt do y'all like and what colors on Islanders.

#3 ·
Oh, I don't know about upset, but it will not happen again. Crap watching a 50 Wide getyanked off the boat is tougher than skirts. I use Blue/White, Red/White, Red/Black and had been trying a Green/Black which had not produced a single strike. Just thought it would be a good time to see if others had colors to consider......also, I use the small skirts and wondered if others had had succes with a guess they call it Seniors.......good luck Marlin Fishing up there in the TN hills......

#5 ·
The ones you mentioned are great but don't forget dolphin color. green and yellow.

#7 ·
My all time favorite islander color is black and purple for wahoo and tuna, all blue or blue and pink for white marlin. I have no preference for dolphin they have hit every color in the spectrum, they are nothin more than eating machines . And for what we all chase every week the big blue i prefer plastics or a bridled up bft , yft, or dolphin if they are around.But all in all the famous blue and white islander is the go to color. Catch em up. RECESS

#8 ·
I would resupply with all the colors that ya mentioned. The water clarity is a big factor this time of year as well as temp so adjust your color,size lure to that,IE cleaner water,brighter sun(as if that will ever happen again),try a darker,longer lure with a slower speed later adjusting speed to change up an otherwise boring afternoon. If the water is cloudy,green,nasty lookin,put some brighter,shorter lures out and get outta there! Also,try putting on a spinner spoon(like a wahoo rig) and run one without any natural bait. May bring something out with the flash.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.