Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone headed out in the bay or nearshore this weekend- if you see this boat, give a wave! I'll be aboard the Research Vessel Bellows, a 71-foot steel hull round-bottom boat with zoology students on Saturday and Sunday. We'll be sampling in the bay and Gulf, and the students will be getting a taste of the diversity of marine life found here. I am also hoping to collect research specimens...... We always pick up some really NEAT stuff and I promise to post pictures after the weekend is over. :takephoto

·
Praedator
10,076 Posts
Ocean Man (11/2/2007)I am probably heading out to theGulf on Sunday so I will wave if I see you.
Me too. If the weather holds out, it seems like the gulf is going to be crowded this weekend. First decent weekend we've had in a while.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hot Reels (11/2/2007)Cool

Bring me sothing cool for the tank

Thanks

Sky

If you have a sand bed in your tank I'll try to keep a pearly razorfish alive if we get any- they are COOL. Anything you have in mind that you'd want me to keep an eye out for?

This is also the one time of year when I get to collect my secret snapper baits. :shedevil

·
Praedator
10,076 Posts
Coryphaena (11/2/2007)
Hot Reels (11/2/2007)Cool

Bring me sothing cool for the tank

Thanks

Sky

If you have a sand bed in your tank I'll try to keep a pearly razorfish alive if we get any- they are COOL. Anything you have in mind that you'd want me to keep an eye out for?

This is also the one time of year when I get to collect my secret snapper baits. :shedevil
Do we have any fancy, colorfultype shrimp in our waters? Corral Banded, Cleaner etc... I've never seen any, but that's not to say they're not out there.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I have no sand right now, but that can be easily added. I am not picky, if you would like it, I am sure I would also.

Thanks

Sky

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
we'll keep an eye out for you karon. i think you know where we'll be:)...have fun out there and can't wait to see the pics.

i think i hear tim's spicy oysters calling:toast

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
It has the most Outriggers I have ever seen on a boat.......Do yall catch alot of fish trolling on it can't wait to see the report.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Karon,,, I'M JEALOUS.......

CALL ME SOMETIME...... I'VE GOT SOME NEWS..... may need help in the future....

·
Registered
261 Posts
Knot A Yacht- yes there are some very cool shrimp out there. Coral Banded are all around. I caught 3 in the bay 3 years ago, but usually find them on wrecks at 60+ feet. There are cleaner shrimp out there as well, but usually see them on natural bottom overhangs and all around the legs of rigs. Peppermint Shrimp are very abundant everywhere, they're just tougher to see b/c of size. I found over 50 this year at pickens area. I look under rocks and debris. I suspect there are Petersons cleaner shrimp out there as well although I haven't seen them. They're abundant in the Keys. There is also an extremely rare yellow cleaner shrimp that was 'discovered' in the 1990's outside of Destin. I'd love to find a pair of those.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Karon, y'all seem to be getting the Bellows pretty regularly. Who is doing the great grant writing for you? (Did you write this grant?) Good work whoever is doing it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
OK, I used the processor from the old forum, but the link comes up in the post, not the picture. What did I do wrong?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
OK, after Chris's tutorial video, lets try this again:

Thanks Stressless, I learned something new today. This is much easier that the last time I posted photos on the old forum.

·
Registered
879 Posts
BJW, thats awesome, your daughter teaches my Ecology lab. I'll be on the Bellows bright and early tomorrow morning, looking forward to seeing some chummers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts