Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was slick today. 0-1ft all the way from the pass to 35 miles out and back. I went with my dad today. We started at the edge and caught 5-6 snapper that were 5-12lbs (all vented and released. No flipper either.) We also got one scamp, a couple of mingos, an almaco and a few jacks.We kept the scamp andthe mingos. From there we went out to some deeper water about 450ft.My few tries at deep dropping have been on numbers way to the SW that I knew had fish so fishing deeper closer to home was new to me. Still we lucked into one spot and got 2 longtail bass, 1 yellow edge grouper, and one tile fish. Nothing of impressive size though.

Was nice to get out not having been on the boat much in the last couple of months and my God at the weather. Itwas better than I have seen in a long, long time. Hopefully it is a sign of a calm year to come. I took enough beatings last year!

·
Registered
549 Posts
It was great that you got out on a beautiful day. I agree it perfect out there. I don't think that there any other fish in the sea that taste as good as one of the longtails. Good job on 450 feet drops. The current was also perfect for some deep work. Gene

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Very Cool Report.

Several times I looked around Yesterday and thought it was about perfect. Beautiful Day to be Outside.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
it sure was a BEEEUUUUTIIIIFUL DAY YESTERDAY!!!! AND LIKE YOU SAID ,IF YOU DIDN'T GO YOU MISSED.( NOT TO RUB IT IN OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT, JIMMY:poke ). THE FISH WERE A LITTLE TIGHT LIPPED BUT I THINK EVERYONE THAT GOT TO GO GOT A MESS OF FISH FOR THE BOX. NICE REPORT.

·
Registered
778 Posts
It was a perfect day. We caught a couple of keeper gags [the biggest one on a jig] fishing about 15 miles out. Lots of snapper and AJ's on jigs and even a couple of nice triggers hit the jig. Sure thought we would get more gags. Had a couple more that sure felt like grouper just spit the jig out halfway to the boat. I'll send you a couple of mylures to try out, Steve. They have glo heads and skirts.

·
Registered
34 Posts
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Yes, it was a beautiful day, we were bowed up on AJ?s, Red Snapper and little gags all day long!! Non stop action all on jigs!!!<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Wanted to hit the edge but I wanted to take a friends son out and he had to work later.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Shoulder and back sore today!!!! Fun Fun!!! I bet he had a long evening at work LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts