Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IDIOT SIGHTING:Hubby and I had to have the <SPAN class=yshortcuts id=lw_1193238421_34>garage door repaired. The Sears
repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a large
enough motor on the opener. I thought for a minute, and said that we had the
largest one Sears made at that time, a 1/2 horsepower. He shook his head and
said, "Lady, you need a 1/4 horsepower." I responded that 1/2 was larger than
1/4. He said, "NO, it's not. Four is larger than two."

We haven't used Sears repair since.

IDIOT SIGHTING: I live in a semi rural area. We recently had a new neighbor call
the local township administrative office to request the removal of the Deer
Crossing sign on our road. The reason: "Too many deer are being hit by cars out
here! I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore."

From <SPAN class=yshortcuts id=lw_1193238421_35>Kingman, KS

IDIOTS IN FOOD SERVICE: My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and ordered a
taco. She asked the person behind the counter for "minimal lettuce." He said he
was sorry, but they only had iceberg.

From <SPAN class=yshortcuts id=lw_1193238421_36>Kansas City!

IDIOT SIGHTING: I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport
employee asked, "Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your
knowledge?" To which I replied, "If it was wi thout my knowledge, how would I
know?" He smiled knowingly and nodded, "That's why we ask."

Happened in <SPAN class=yshortcuts id=lw_1193238421_37>Birmingham, Ala.

IDIOT SIGHTING: The stoplight on the corner buzzes when its safe to cross the
street. I was crossing with a co-worker of mine. She asked if I knew what the
buzzer was for. I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red.
Appalled, she responded, "What on earth are blind people doing driving?!"

She was a probation officer in <SPAN class=yshortcuts id=lw_1193238421_38>Wichita, KS

IDIOT SIGHTING: At a good-bye luncheon for a dear coworker: She was leaving the
company due to "downsizing." Our manager commented cheerfully, "This is fun. We
should do this more often." Not another word was spoken. We all just looked at
each other with that deer-in-the-headlights stare.

This was at Texas Instruments.

IDIOT SIGHTING: I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into
itself, and for the sake of her own life, couldn't understand why her system
would not turn on.

A deputy with the Dallas County Sheriffs office.

IDIOT SIGHTING: When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to
pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the
service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the
driver's side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried
the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked. "Hey," I announced to the
technician, "Its open!" His reply, "I know - I already got that side."

This was at the Ford dealership in <SPAN class=yshortcuts id=lw_1193238421_39>Canton, Mississippi!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Reminds me of my trip to Pensacola earlier in the year when i went to apopular sporting goods store to get my Annual fishing license and the girl behind the counter :looser says "ANNUAL?? is that the 3 Day license?" while she waslooking at list of licenses they sale.

Me and my girlfriend looked at each other oddly then politely I stated "Annual is for the entire year":banghead

·
Registered
143 Posts
I own an irrigation company in Gulf Breeze. Well here is my Idiot Sighting. We did a service call at an elderly lady's house with low pressure on her system. After determining the original contractor used to small diameter pipe, we broke the bad news to her that the system would have to be repiped. I asked her if the she had spoken to the contractor about the problem, and she he told her to call the city and have them turn her water pressure up. Here's your sign.:banghead

·
Registered
100 Posts
IRRIGATOR (10/25/2007)I own an irrigation company in Gulf Breeze. Well here is my Idiot Sighting. We did a service call at an elderly lady's house with low pressure on her system. After determining the original contractor used to small diameter pipe, we broke the bad news to her that the system would have to be repiped. I asked her if the she had spoken to the contractor about the problem, and she he told her to call the city and have them turn her water pressure up. Here's your sign.:banghead
Thats sucks for the little old lady, shouldn't an inspector have caught this?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I went to Lowe's on a hot day in august and pulled my truck into a parking space behind a surbuban that had pulled all the way trough or had backed into theparking space. Returning to the parking lot I noticed two very atractive and well dressed ladies standing beside my vehicle and kinda behind the SUV with four stack chairs. As I approached I spoke and asked "how are you doing." One spoke and said " we'll be doing much better when you back up so we can open the rear end and put our stuff in the back". Of course my reply was "couldn't you just pull up some." They said nothing(the look on their faces was priceless)and I left the parking lot dying laughing.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Here is one from Gulf Breeze Mcdonalds. I asked for a parfait, the girl asked what flavor ?I said excuse me ? She Said vanilla ,chocolate or strawberry when I said they only come in vanilla with fruit she was silent, and to top it off she wasn't a blond. Glad she got the salad right.

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Those are just words.....Here is proof in the pudding.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #333399; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt">This came from a friend of mine<SPAN style="COLOR: black"><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: black"><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #333399; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt">We had a "going away" party yesterday for a lady at our <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on" u4_x003a_st="on"><st1:place w:st="on" u4_x003a_st="on">Little Rock</st1:place></st1:City> claim office. One of the supervisors called a Wal-Mart and ordered the cake. <SPAN style="COLOR: black"><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: black"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #333399; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt">He told them to write:<SPAN style="COLOR: black"><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: black"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #333399; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt">"<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #333399; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial Black'; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Tahoma">Best Wishes Suzanne<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #333399; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt">" and underneath that write "<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #333399; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial Black'; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Tahoma">We will miss you<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #333399; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt">". <SPAN style="COLOR: black"><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: black"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #333399; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt">As the picture shows, it didn't quite turn out right. It was too funny not to keep it. <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #333399; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #333399; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: black"><o:p>
</o:p><P class=MsoNormal></o:p></DIV></DIV>

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Man them crackheads are everywhere, even Wal-Mart and theyhave a hard time first thing Monday morning don't they?

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Tuna Man (10/25/2007)Those are just words.....Here is proof in the pudding.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #333399; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt">This came from a friend of mine<SPAN style="COLOR: black"><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: black"><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #333399; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt">We had a "going away" party yesterday for a lady at our <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on" u4_x003a_st="on"><st1:place w:st="on" u4_x003a_st="on">Little Rock</st1:place></st1:City> claim office. One of the supervisors called a Wal-Mart and ordered the cake. <SPAN style="COLOR: black"><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: black"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #333399; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt">He told them to write:<SPAN style="COLOR: black"><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: black"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #333399; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt">"<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #333399; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial Black'; mso-bidi-font-family: Tahoma; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt">Best Wishes Suzanne<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #333399; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt">" and underneath that write "<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #333399; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial Black'; mso-bidi-font-family: Tahoma; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt">We will miss you<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #333399; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt">". <SPAN style="COLOR: black"><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: black"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #333399; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt">As the picture shows, it didn't quite turn out right. It was too funny not to keep it. <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #333399; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #333399; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: black"><o:p>
</o:p><P class=MsoNormal></o:p></DIV></DIV>
Got to love those workers... Ron, Didn't wal-mart screw up a cake for your wife last year also ??

·
Registered
262 Posts
A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO I WAS IN A BUTCHER/GAS STATION IN CHICKASAW. MY FRIEND AND I WENT TO GET A COUPLE RIBEYES. I ASKED THE LADIE HOW MUCH A POUND, SHE SAID 14.99, I ASKED HOW MUCH DOES THAT ONE WEIGH SHE SAID IT WAS A POUND AND 14.99. I POINTED AT ANOTHER ONE AND SAID HOW MUCH IS THAT ONE AND SHE SAID 9.99.(THEY LOOKED ABOUT THE SAME SIZE)I ASKED HOW MUCH DOES THAT WEIGH SHE WEIGHED IT AND SAID 16 OUNCES. I SAID 9.99, SHE SAID YES. "I WILL TAKE IT" MY FRIEND HAD TO BUY THE OTHER ONE AT 14.99.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
I used to service gas station cash registers that had external power supplies. One night at about 3AM, when I had after hours phone support duty, I got a call that a register had "just shut off". I tried talking them through several things and then asked that they check the power supply under the counter. After about 15 minutes of coaching him to find it, he said that he needed to get a flashlight because he could not see under there. Having been in this store on a service call before,and knowing that there should have been no problem finding it, I asked why he needed the flash light. He replied that the power was out... :banghead I thinkI just hung up...

·
Registered
802 Posts
Went to pizza hut in FWB today at lunch ordered the buffet because of limited time. However there was no pizza on the buffet. when I asked about it they said tell us what kind of pizza you like and we'll cook it and put it on the buffet for you. I just scratched my head in disbelief. so if your feeling like pizza stay away from pizza hut in FWB the whole place is an Idiot sighting.:boo:boo:boo:boo

·
Registered
274 Posts
Many years ago I managed a restaurant. There were too many idiot sightings to remember them all.One I recall was a co-manager was working with a guy who was hired to work the bakery buffet. He said he did not know how to bake a cake so Ronnie told him the directions are right here on the bag. Pour all of these ingredients in and then mix it. He watched him pour everything in the bowl except the eggs so Ronnie said ok go get 3 eggs from the cooler and throw them in there and I'll be right back(OK so you know where this is going, except it's a little different)! Ronnie comes back and said OK you got the eggs in there and you mixed it up right? The guy says yep! Ronnie pours the mix into the pan and hears thunk, thunk, thunk. What the...? No he didn't forget to crack them. He grabbed hard boiled eggs that come in a 5 gallon bucket for the salad bar. Tasty flat cake I'm sure.

On another night this high school girl comes to me frantic that she can't get this icing stuff to work right. She has made 3 batchesand it keeps turning out runny. I told her I would be right there and for here to get another packet of "heat and ice"(the name of the icing)ready and we would see what she was doing wrong. The directions state "put one bag of heat and ice in a cup of hot water to soften, then ice the cake." AsI get thereI tell her to go aheadand show me what she was doing. She starts to walk off so I say, "Where are you going?" She responds like I'm an idiot, "To get some ice!" OK??? She come back with a cup of ice and a cup of hot water. She dumps them both in a bowl and proceeds to open the icing. I stopped her before she could ruin another batch. She was stunned when I showed her all you have to do is warm the plastic pouch in a cup of warm water them dump it on and spread!!! I know, its our fault for not properly training her. Back to third grade we go....

Hope I can think of some more. We used to laugh 'till our sides ached at the stupid crap people would do.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts