Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went out this past weekend for sharks off the beach and am hooked. Love the idea of fishing and having family time at the beach for something other then sharks. But this weekend we'll have super rough surf, what represents a good time to fish high waves like this weekend, flat calm, or something in between. I can finally find wash outs but looking for advice on when I should just stick to the kayak. Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
You're going to hear that flat means poor fishing and that you want a little surf, but truth is I've done very well in pretty much all conditions. I truly believe the tide and finding peak feeding times is the key to successful surf fishing. I logged heavily for over 10yrs and it really helps me today in knowing what to expect and how to tackle most conditions.

Just remember, fish have to eat.

Reactions: Pier#r

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're going to hear that flat means poor fishing and that you want a little surf, but truth is I've done very well in pretty much all conditions. I truly believe the tide and finding peak feeding times is the key to successful surf fishing. I logged heavily for over 10yrs and it really helps me today in knowing what to expect and how to tackle most conditions.

Just remember, fish have to eat.

Awesome advice I have gotten in the bad habit of not checking tides when I fish sound like a good idea to pay attention more to that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts