Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out today early...bite was really on. Caught about 25 reds, all lower slots and 6 trout. All on 1/4 sprite and mirrodine.

Ok, here's the story on this stud. Caught it on a 1/4 sprite 6lb test no leader. Hooked a pinfish then saw this thing eyeballing the pinner, so I let it drop to the bottum and bam.

What a day...this is the best of fishing I have seen in many years.

Keep the oil away, please!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Thats a nice batch of fish. Those specks are some nice size fish. I can't see the pictures on the right for some reason...may be this forums format has a glitch or my comp...dunno

·
Registered
849 Posts
Hey Sandphlea, I agree! it 's "on" right now. The grass is pretty full and the trout are voracious! On a good spot the trout are pouncing straight away. I've never heard of your sprite, though.

Hey, are you the one that i met changing the filters on "L" St?

This is what I caught Wednesday...

·
Registered
635 Posts
Definitely better than last year - I too am seeing massive schools of trout over my way mixed in with a few reds. Been fishing almost every afternoon for two weeks now from after work until dark and catching and releasing averages of 20-25 fish per outing and not having any trouble at all finding them. Even had some topwater afternoon action over here yesterday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts