Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all...

Yep...I went Metal Detecting Saturday and came home with speckled trout. A lot of us did. Myself and two buddies went to hit a spot we have been metal detecting for years. It is on Mobile Bay. I found a 1853 3 cent coin but that is not why I am writing this story. As we walked the shoreline we noticed very nice size 3-5 pound trout along the beach. They looked in very good shape. It finally occurred to me what had happened, Roe mullet commercial net guys had fished the night before. They can't keep a speckled trout so these were the ones they were throwing back. All of them were VERY nice fish. I wish that there was a way to stop it but as long as they let them net roe mullet, speckled trout will continue to be dumped like this. I picked up one as we left to go home and we are going to eat it tonight. Walking back we noticed that most of the fish had already been picked up by others. Glad they got 'em

Ronnie

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha..!!!

I had that speck for supper Monday night and what was left of him for lunch yesterday. MMmmmm MMmmmm Good.

Ronnie

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
I worked with a guy a long time ago that loaded up a dead "Road Kill" Deer that had been killed by a car the night before and was pretty excited about his "Find". He told me you can get an idea of how long ago it met it's fate by the way the eyes looked and wether or not it "Jiggeled" when you shook it..................................

1 - 5 of 5 Posts