Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was all happy that I finally had my new yak. A pretty urban camo prowler. Unfortunately during the unwrapping I found a nasty scrape in the keel. Looks like someone drug it across the warehouse floor. So that was it, returned to the store and Ill have to start looking again. Not gonna try the special order route again. With what I spent in gas going back and forth I could have had it shipped to my door.:mad:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OOps....those are a bit big.. Anyways, at first I was not concerened about it, but as I played and tried to measure how much plastic had been scraped off it was nearly an 1/8" of an inch, and I just could not figure out how thick the hull was in that area, so I played it safe and took it back.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
any yak you buy will look a lot worse after a half dozen trips. Like the cowboy said about the dents in his trunk 'just gives it character'.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wish I would have had someone more knowledgable than me to look at it. At first I thought the same thing, but then I questioned it a bit more. The pictures don't show it that well but that mark is pretty deep. the right side of the keel is about half the thickness to center line than the left side

1 - 9 of 9 Posts