Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started smelling the oil about 5:00 p.m. I was oustidde pressure washing the patio when the smell hit me. Wind from the SW.

Location: Navarre, North of ICW. One mile east of Opal Beach.

So much for the wonderful sea breeze.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
smells just like kerosene. The evaporative substances of crude.

BP guy said tonight though that it is not flammable. But he said you can't smoke around it.

Kinda like being told it's non-toxic, but you can't touch it.

Heresto beautiful white beaches that I hope we keep.

·
Registered
42 Posts
IS that what that smell is? I don't know what kerosene or crude smells like, but when I got home from work yesterday, there was an odor in the air. I thought it was just a neighbor burning something. Then later last night I had to run to the store, and smelled it all the way over there. I live up 87.

·
Registered
622 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px" dir=ltr>If it is not flamable why can't you smoke around it? Can I light my BBQ grill???? LOL</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Yep, Navarre here behind the post office...not too strong but smells like a gas station everywhere.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Dr. Fish (08/05/2010)I was at Mirimar Beach (Sandesting area) last night and the smell was there as well.
Yep. I live in Destin and got my first whiff last night also. Oh man. I hate to think of that in the air for an extended period of time.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
nah im guessin that was prob just the diesel fuel from flounders you were smellin Clay. It causes olfactory fatigue

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Smelled it yesterday really strong from my House , thought it may be something from NAS ... got to work last night and barely smelled it though , and we had stiff SW winds ... today NW winds are prevalent and are forecast to last a few days :D ...

·
Registered
656 Posts
I live 1/2 mile from the gulf in Orange Beach and haven't smelled a thing. Been out in the gulf a few times this week and still haven't seen or smelled a thing. I think you guys might be smelling something coming from somewhere else. Here is a video of a news crewI took out Wednesday and we sure didn't see or smell anything then either.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts