Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I need a little help wanting a I-pilot for my aquasport 205. I don't know what size to get thinking 60'' or 75'' any help would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
389 Posts
I put my boat in the water under normal conditions and measured from bow to water. Then you need to compensate for wave action. Depends if you fish in gulf or Bay. I have a 72 inch on a 22 foot Clearwater and motor will come out of water on momentarily on anything over two foot waves. Will still hold position though.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Definitely the longer. I have the longeat 24v on my 17’ key west and on rough days it will still come out of water

·
Registered
5,866 Posts
I have a 72" 36v on my Pioneer 202 Sportfish.
Glad I went with 72"
Thanks to the advice from PFF.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Definitely the 72".

I have a 19 ft cape craft cc with a 36v 60" Rodan.

I was worried the 36v was too much.. it's not. When the current is ripping hard it's surprising how fast you can drain the 3 batteries. Also, there have been a few times it was so choppy I wished I had the 72 inch shaft..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah I got a 72" - 24v Rhodan on a 21 ft boat. Holds just fine.
I don't doubt it

My boat is a bit of a barge.

2300lb hull
375 motor
340 lb hull.
3 group 31 TM batteries.
1 group 31 house battery
1 starting battery
3 or 4 crew.
100l rotomolded cooler with ice.
Fishing gear etc
4k gross wt. Is not unusual.

When fishing in a high current area I can easily drain the 3 batteries in 4 hours.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't doubt it

My boat is a bit of a barge.

2300lb hull
375 motor
340 lb hull.
3 group 31 TM batteries.
1 group 31 house battery
1 starting battery
3 or 4 crew.
100l rotomolded cooler with ice.
Fishing gear etc
4k gross wt. Is not unusual.

When fishing in a high current area I can easily drain the 3 batteries in 4 hours.
340lb fuel I mean

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am about 3,800 loaded.
So similar load.

Prior to Sally I fished the dock lights west of the Perdido Key bridge a lot. When the tide is blowing through there I can burn through my batts easily in 4 hours.

Same in the pass when tide is running hard.

Other than under those conditions, it'll last all day.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys for all the input.. I'll look for a 72" they are hard to find at a good price so if anyone has a used one they want to sell please let me know.

·
Super Moderator
29,189 Posts
Thanks guys for all the input.. I'll look for a 72" they are hard to find at a good price so if anyone has a used one they want to sell please let me know.
Not hard to find.....call Shannon at Andalusia Marine, he'll set ya up!!!! (334) 427-1428

1 - 15 of 15 Posts