Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I NEED SOME ADVICE. MY WIFE CAME OUT TO HER JOB TODAY TO FIND HER PASSENGER WINDOW DOWN. THE GLASS WAS NOT BROKE. I DONT KNOW IF THE REGULATOR WAS BROKE, BUT I IMMAGINE THAT IS WHAT I WILL FIND.MAY HAVE BEEN BROKE-INTO-DONT KNOW.I HAVE CHANGED OUT A COUPLE ON TOYOTA TRUCKS BEFORE.

WHAT IS INVOLVED WITH A 01 HONDA ACCORD. ???

·
Registered
311 Posts
Should be about the same as a yota truck. have you tried to operate the window? does it sound like something is broke?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Check with Bob Tarrant at Bob's Hondissan. He can do it for you or tell you how to do it. His number is 850-476-4112. He is located on Olive Road between Davis and Palafox. Been doing business with him almost 20 years. Fair and honest guy. Also technically competent.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
If you operate the switch & hear the motor working than its the regulator. if you hear nothing Its either the motor or the switch. I do alot of power windows on all types of cars & honda's are the ones Ive done theleast. They dont generally have those problems.

·
Registered
331 Posts
My girlfriend has a 2001 acura and had the same problem with the passenger rear window. I got so damn tired of messing with it i proped the damn thing up with a cut off broom stick!:letsdrink

·
Registered
181 Posts
king crabs advice isnt bad, inspect it as he described. i cant remember if those have a cable regulator or if its a gear driven one. either way regulators are not hard to install, especially the cable ones. if not a cable one, and your new regulator dont have a motor on it already just be careful with the spring on it, if equiped with a spring. the spring can make the regulator spin like a gilitine on your hand when you remove the motor off of it to change it over if you dont unload the pressure correctly.

good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts