Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Preferably one that is still kicking or at least freshly dead. I seldom have the problem down here because my baits are usually eaten as soon as they get to the bottom.

Several years ago,(when I was in training with Berkley up in Spirit Lake Iowa, I went ice fishing (only for a short time) and noticed some guys were fishing with Perch eyes. Recently, I had a brain fart and glued (2) 1/4" stick on eyes back back then inserted a #8 hook through them. Holy Mackerel, I had a fish catching machine! I'd like to show the photo I requested to a friend who makes these eyes. Maybe he could make some extra bucks. (It never hurts to help somebody)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Preferably one that is still kicking or at least freshly dead. I seldom have the problem down here because my baits are usually eaten as soon as they get to the bottom.

Several years ago,(when I was in training with Berkley up in Spirit Lake Iowa, I went ice fishing (only for a short time) and noticed some guys were fishing with Perch eyes. Recently, I had a brain fart and glued (2) 1/4" stick on eyes back back then inserted a #8 hook through them. Holy Mackerel, I had a fish catching machine! I'd like to show the photo I requested to a friend who makes these eyes. Maybe he could make some extra bucks. (It never hurts to help somebody)
Does your friend own Flex Eyes?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any will work. That looks like a False Pilchard. They are our winter bait fish down here.

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,830 Posts
It's a scaled sardine. You want a normal sardine? Find a picture and I'll do the same as above.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts