Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Lots of folks here ready to help but you gotta share... skill set? Experience? I'd be helpful if you provided a bit more info.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey everybody. My grandfather started this thread in an effort to help me find work fast. Temporary, Permanent, part/full-time, anything available immediately. I'm 26 and have a bit of experience in just about everything. If your job requires months of professionally trained skills, I might not be the guy. If any fool can do it, I've done it and I'm probably not too shabby. Yard Care, Boat Detailing/Scrubbing/Simple Maintenance, Warehouse Work/Heavy Lifting. I don't have many tools/equipment for really specific applications, but I've got a handy tool bag. Got a tree in your yard you don't like? Too busy to cut it down? If you have a chainsaw, call me. If not I may have access to equipment to do the job. Do you have a position open for regular work that a very trainable person can learn? Call me. I've worked in Grocery stores, restaurants and things of that nature.. I've worked at the family fish market most of my life and fished on a commercial snapper boat for a little less than a year. Helped Grandad around the house after the flood last spring with demo, plumbing, hanging drywall, light wood-working. Don't call me to fix your computer, but if your mother-in-law can't get the tv off mute I can handle that tech job. I hope this clarifies everything.
Thanks,
William 850-377-8936(cell)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've painted walls (residential) and snapper boats. It's pretty hard to mess those up but I have a gut feeling cabinets are a skilled job. If I'm wrong, call me. 850-377-8936

·
FastCast Custom Rods
1,069 Posts
Saw a "Now Hiring" sign out in front of Coach-n-four steak house on Pine Forest Road this afternoon.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Hey everybody. My grandfather started this thread in an effort to help me find work fast. Temporary, Permanent, part/full-time, anything available immediately. I'm 26 and have a bit of experience in just about everything. If your job requires months of professionally trained skills, I might not be the guy. If any fool can do it, I've done it and I'm probably not too shabby. Yard Care, Boat Detailing/Scrubbing/Simple Maintenance, Warehouse Work/Heavy Lifting. I don't have many tools/equipment for really specific applications, but I've got a handy tool bag. Got a tree in your yard you don't like? Too busy to cut it down? If you have a chainsaw, call me. If not I may have access to equipment to do the job. Do you have a position open for regular work that a very trainable person can learn? Call me. I've worked in Grocery stores, restaurants and things of that nature.. I've worked at the family fish market most of my life and fished on a commercial snapper boat for a little less than a year. Helped Grandad around the house after the flood last spring with demo, plumbing, hanging drywall, light wood-working. Don't call me to fix your computer, but if your mother-in-law can't get the tv off mute I can handle that tech job. I hope this clarifies everything.
Thanks,
William 850-377-8936(cell)

Framers/Carpenters and Sheet rock guys are making $14. an hour and up on federal projects right now. Exceptional finishers are at about $20. Lots of work out there and more coming in the next year at the local bases.

You need to build a basic resume and attach to any application you fill out. Use the resume to highlight your positives (even if basic). Look up the companies working locally and go visit these folks face to face. Show up looking squared away, shake a hand or two and let em know you are ready to show up on time, bust your butt, give a full days work for a days pay and I can just about assure you will get hired. Keep in mind that all contract workers are screened and felony convictions are a problem...

All trades right now are having a very difficult time finding good folks who are not afraid of working hard. It is a good time for a hard worker who wants to learn a trade. I know mechanical and framing/drywall contractors who are begging for responsible labor and apprentice level folks who want to learn. Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts