·
Premium Member
9,810 Posts
Get Down!!
Blue or channel?

·
Premium Member
9,810 Posts
jlw1972, it was a blue. Caught about 30 blues and 25 channels as well.
I keep telling myself I’m gonna catch some small channels to rordnreel fish with but I haven’t tried it yet. I’ve read a lot of post where people claim to catch em on small channels.

For me, the small catfish are easier to catch than bream.

Reactions: DMC

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
We caught one a few years back that had swallowed a blue about 5lbs. It was in the 30lb range. we didn't know until we cleaned the fish as we just though he swallowed just the hook.

·
Registered
255 Posts
An old timer told me that he was running some bush hooks baited with live shiners. A goggle eye ate the shiner, a jackfish swallowed the goggle eye and then a 30 pound plus flathead swallowed the jackfish. He told me he thought he checked it too soon!
I wonder if the Turducken started this way.

Sent from the largest mountain range in Florida.

·
Super Moderator
28,496 Posts
Seen alot of this on social media...never in person. cool deal and yes and added bonus to be in my foot thread!!!!!!! shame shame!!! hahaha

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have seen small catfish that had been visibly mouthed by another larger fish while on the hook. I have never actually caught a large fish that had swallowed a smaller one on the line. Most of the ones I have seen, the sign of being mouthed was on the posterior. The fact that the small one caught first was taken head - first might help explain why that fish got caught . Nice fish and a very interesting post👍. Thanks for sharing!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts