Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am selling some in wall speakers in the various section. If the boat i have for sale sells before the speakers i am going to keep them. NOw my questions are 1.) I have sheetrock where the tv would hang, so two speakers will be fine there, question is how much trouble would it be to fix the holes where the speakers were if i wanted to take them out for some reason? 2.) The back wall behind the couch is wood pannel, can i mount them in that? They are pretty heavy, being that they are top quality speakers. I know the sheet rock will hold it but im not sure about the wood panneling. What about the wood pannel, if something comes up and i decide to sell the house and take the speakers out, how would i go about replacing the wood panneling? 3.) should i just say screw it and install them and if i sell the house leave them in the walls? They will outlast me most likely if not they have a lifetime warranty so i can always get new ones if something happens.
Im thinking option 3 but just wanted some other opinions.
Thanks

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,091 Posts
I would seriously consider putting the speakers in the ceiling... in the walls it restricts what you can do with pictures and other crap.

I'm not an audiophile though and maybe there are reasons why the walls are better than the ceiling or hung speakers.

Jim

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,091 Posts
Forgot to add... aGOOD patch job in the sheetrockwallyou'll see, but really not unless you look for it.

I'd say your out of luck trying to repair the paneling though...

Jim

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mount the speakers in the wall, wood or drywall. If you ever

move, buy new inexpensive speakers to replace your good ones.

You can get a pair of ok inwalls for $100 or less. that's my

2cents worth,

·
Registered
387 Posts
patches in the cieling r easy to hide,if its more than flat paint its easier to notice.but replacing the speakers in a wall hook up is a good idea too.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
You could also put each speaker in a box and then just hang them on either wall.

Then you only have a nail hole to worry about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts