Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out on the Eglin flats after work on friday. It sucked! Flies, Flies and more flies. I was using some mirrolure jerk bait which I usually have great luck with, secnd cast a huge catfish and that was it for 2 hours. I even tried some pinfish. The wind was howling and the water was still dirty, oh well I hope others had better luck than me.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Deet is the answer to your problem - with the flies that is, not the catching part.
The little black suckers were chowing down on my legs Friday morning over by Archie Glover south of the I10 . :mad:
I think they were attracked to the Gulp juice I spilled. :thumbdown:

Spraying them & my legs with deep woods off seemed to just piss them off:censored:
So rather than :surrender: I moved to a different spot.

The new spot yielded the yellow biting flies that left holes in my legs. :thumbdown::2guns:

Maybe the cooler weather will send them south for the winter:rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
When the wind blows from the North in fall the biters are blown in you can't get away from them anywhere. We had them 50 miles offshore during the fall. At dark they will stop bitting at least offshore they would. Long pants and sleeves is somewhat of a help.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It seemed that closer to dark the less they bit. I also fished from shallow to deep.

·
Registered
806 Posts
they will get that way every time it blows north til we get a light freez one product that works is a deep woods off that specifies "for biting flys" never would have believed it but i have seen it in action we had them swarming the boat yet the bites were down 90% must suck in a yak no way to run from them

·
Registered
342 Posts
The black biting flies were thick as luvbugs around Garcon Point today. :mad:
Saw a school of really big jacks working bait but could not get them to eat.:(
The ladyfish are eating really well around the same area.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts