Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some of you, getting your woman into the woods is no big deal. For the city girl I married...it was an impossibility. Well, it is happening now. Amazingly, my wife is in a shooting house with me. Now if I can only keep her quiet for the next 2 hours we'll be in business. Lol. Actually, I'm quite impressed so far. This is cool. Just maybe she will like it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,636 Posts
yepper...good to have momma w/ ya!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Finally got mine interested. She even took vacation during gen gun so she could go.
She's lacking in patience however, and her idea and my idea of quiet are far from the same.

She does get bored easily, so I wind up having to share my coloring book and crayons, which wasn't bad last year, we were in a 2 man stand. Now, she has her own stand, thank god for that, but still wants to borrow MY colors, and every 30 minutes sends me a text of the picture she just colored.

Seriously though, I love having her out there with me, even with here patience and inability to step AROUND sticks instead of on them.

·
Registered
12,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So far so good, although we aren't seeing squat. I have a feeling I'm going to owe her one for this.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
So far so good, although we aren't seeing squat. I have a feeling I'm going to owe her one for this.
Now that you two are up right, you might see something to shoot!.

·
Praedator
10,089 Posts
I am glad to see some significant others that get out with their husbands etc... But I am kind of glad mine does not want to get out there. Might sound selfish, but it's my time to unwind alone with the woods and God etc... I typically hunt with a buddy. But he's usually a few hundred yards away. So it's just me in the tree unless my youngins are with me. I enjoy taking them. But most of the time, it's a ME time. Shooting something is just a bonus.

·
Registered
12,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was fun. Don't think she will be with me regular, but maybe again another me. I am good with that. Saw 6 does in the field next to us. Over the property line, of course.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
If they are curious, Let them go. They will see why u do it hope fully. My son's fiance loves to hunt & fish. She shows him up so far hunting. He's not sure how to deal with that just yet but it is pointed out to him on occasion. :shifty: She cant out fish him yet but she's headed there too !:001_huh::D Ssshhh ! Dont tell anyone !

·
Registered
12,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Need to bring her dog hunting. I hope you and your boy had fun. We'll go again some time soon....
I think she would love it. Josh and I had a fantastic time. Truly fantastic. It was a day we will talk about 20 years from now.

·
Registered
14,772 Posts
To each his own but I'm glad my wife has little interest in hunting/fishing. Like Tellum said - it's kinda my time. Part of that attitude comes from the fact that we work together and never get more than about 10 steps away from each other all week. I love it but most guys tell me they could never work with their wife. Again - to each his own, glad y'all were able to get out together and have fun!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I took mine coyote hunting and I went this afternoon by myself and she got a little mad because she didn't go...... Ughhh we can never win hahaha

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
My wife out fishes me on occasion and I don't mind. I love to watch her fight a big red. She wants to go hunting next year so I'm gonna build a shooting house. She did tell me she wasn't sure if when it came time for me to take a shot she might yell RUN BAMBI RUUUUNNN!!!

·
DROP TINE BUCK
5,984 Posts
Good deal, hopefully shell enjoy it as much as you, I married a city girl, never would have thought she would be interested in hunting, SHE LOVES IT! almost as much as I do, regardless of how cold, wet and miserable some days may be, 9 times out of 10, she's there with me.
image.jpg

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I am glad to see some significant others that get out with their husbands etc... But I am kind of glad mine does not want to get out there. Might sound selfish, but it's my time to unwind alone with the woods and God etc... I typically hunt with a buddy. But he's usually a few hundred yards away. So it's just me in the tree unless my youngins are with me. I enjoy taking them. But most of the time, it's a ME time. Shooting something is just a bonus.
I think at this point I would have to agree with you Jon. I doubt my wife would ever go anyways since she doesn't how I can just sit in a tree all day and not shoot anything but still enjoy it. She says that it's a waster of time. Although she loves all the meat stacked away in our freezer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts