Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The boat is a 1980 it has a fiberglass hull and a 115hp johnson. it hasn't been started in 2 years they say it started good then. i am gonna need to replace some parts but they said they have the parts with them they just never installed them. they said bottom price is 500 do you think it's worth it?

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
if it starts and runs and floats it is worth 500.00, if it hasnt been started in 2 years, and it needs to have parts replaced, which parts.. you may be opening a can of worms.. you could easily have 2000.00 tied up in a 500.00 boat..before you know it.. hope this helps..

·
Registered
724 Posts
Sequoiha (4/1/2010)if it starts and runs and floats it is worth 500.00, if it hasnt been started in 2 years, and it needs to have parts replaced, which parts.. you may be opening a can of worms.. you could easily have 2000.00 tied up in a 500.00 boat..before you know it.. hope this helps..
+1

whenever someone calls into my shop and the conversation starts out something like this "hasnt run in a couple years and the mechanic's brothers uncles girlfriends barber said it JUST needed a thingamajingy".......i dont even bother taking it in. i dont need the money or the headaches that bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts