Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a waste of taxpayer money and resources. We came through it last Saturday. Traffic was backed up about two miles from the checkpoint. When we finally got there they were opening up extra lanes and just waving every car and truck through. There were cars around us from Louisiana, Texas and who knows where else..
Not a single car was stopped. Just waving us all through as quickly as possible.
Just a waste of manpower and money. Also a dangerous unnecessary stoppage on the interstate.
Watching my rear view, I saw several cars smoking the brakes and a few go off the side of the road to avoid rear ending someone.
It’s time to call an end to the checkpoint. Do you actually believe anyone quarantined for two weeks as they were visiting from a “Hotspot”
I think not.

·
Super Moderator
28,139 Posts
No, it was just a PR thing so the powers to be can look like they are doing "something"

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
I ran over to BassPro in Spanish Fort Monday to grab a new cobia/ king rod. Coming back, saw a ton of cars from Lousy-anna cutting down 59 in Bama to avoid the checkpoint. I thought "I've got a Florida plate...what can go wrong?"

First, the State Trooper directing traffic to the left lane( no inspection) and right lane( get inspected) cannot see the tags, so he has no more clue than the man in the moon where vehicles are from. Vehicle ahead of me had a California tag. He waved me right.

Make it up to the initial inspection point. First state worker sees Florida plate, waves me along, State Trooper next in line tells me to have a nice day and waves me along. Merge left and go...right? Nope, third state worker directs me to the full inspection lane.

First guy comes up, tries to had me self quarantine instructions. I politely tell him which orafice he can insert those in. He calls a supervisor over. Supervisor tells me I seem to have an attitude problem. 2 State Troopers start watching me. I tell the supervisor that his people are telling me to quarantine for going to Spanish Fort from Pensacola. He says if that is true ,why am I in the quarantine lane...I say ask the morons at station one, because today was the first time I've been out of Escambia/Santa Rosa county area in over a year. He apologized and waved me on...where the next station stopped me again and told me to self quarantine . Supervisor comes over and tells them to pass me by.

Total time for all the BS...almost 30 minutes.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
I ran over to BassPro in Spanish Fort Monday to grab a new cobia/ king rod. Coming back, saw a ton of cars from Lousy-anna cutting down 59 in Bama to avoid the checkpoint. I thought "I've got a Florida plate...what can go wrong?"

First, the State Trooper directing traffic to the left lane( no inspection) and right lane( get inspected) cannot see the tags, so he has no more clue than the man in the moon where vehicles are from. Vehicle ahead of me had a California tag. He waved me right.

Make it up to the initial inspection point. First state worker sees Florida plate, waves me along, State Trooper next in line tells me to have a nice day and waves me along. Merge left and go...right? Nope, third state worker directs me to the full inspection lane.

First guy comes up, tries to had me self quarantine instructions. I politely tell him which orafice he can insert those in. He calls a supervisor over. Supervisor tells me I seem to have an attitude problem. 2 State Troopers start watching me. I tell the supervisor that his people are telling me to quarantine for going to Spanish Fort from Pensacola. He says if that is true ,why am I in the quarantine lane...I say ask the morons at station one, because today was the first time I've been out of Escambia/Santa Rosa county area in over a year. He apologized and waved me on...where the next station stopped me again and told me to self quarantine . Supervisor comes over and tells them to pass me by.

Total time for all the BS...almost 30 minutes.
Almost makes to want to ride over there just to tell them to shove it up their ass.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
We took Hwy 90 along with a parade of cars from Louisiana did. They’ve learned the alternative routes now too so the checkpoints are moot now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts