Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Praedator
10,009 Posts
tailfisher (12/16/2007)Are the lights even on yet,I know before the west bound span was openen there were no lights
All of the westbound lights were on as of last night and some of the east bound lights were on.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
We've fished the I-10 Escambia Bay bridge several times in the last few months at night- a lot of fun but not real productive. Caught several small trout - white and specks. We also use a neon greensubmersible light to draw in the bait fish. Pretty cool stuff; just haven't caught any keepers.

But, we did rig up a small 5" white trout on a Carolina rig late one night. About ten minutes later WHAM! Something took off like a rocketand spooled325 yards of 30# before I could even get the rod out of the rodholder. It reallyscared the crap out of me! But man was thata fun time!

·
little ol me !
582 Posts
I am assuming that since there was no statement about it being a "big assed ( insert name of fish here ) " that what ever it was still has the325 yards of 30#.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Only about an inch or so of line was left on the arbor. What was left looked like a curly q from the stress on the monofilament as it was snapped.

Good news is that arbor knots really work!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts