Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a supervisor step down and another guy relocate so needing to fill at least one spot. I know it’s a long shot but figured I’d try on here. Supermarket/Rack experience is preferred but as long as you’re willing to learn and work we will train you. Job is in Dothan area or Gulf Breeze, depending where you’re located. Top pay, full benefits, company supplied tools, over 5 weeks PTO, etc.

If you have zero experience or not willing to work and learn please don’t waste either of our time. Very high demanding job. You will always get you 40 regardless and this time of year 70-90hr weeks isn’t out of the norm. Shoot me a PM of interested.

·
Green Eggs And Ham
9,579 Posts
It blows my mind that companies are willing to teach you a trade for FREE and pay you awesome, and it is hard to find people. I brazed coils for commercial units that were 19' to 26' long all day and had a blast, I loved brazing 4" copper, my torch sounded like a jet engine.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Yup. Very few people in this trade can do this kind of work so demand for good techs is high. They either can’t pick up the concept or they can’t handle the hrs. No one wants to work and learn anymore.
It blows peoples minds what a good refrigeration tech/installer/service guy makes.
It would be nice to see some companies like Hussman, Hill Phoenix, Tyler, etc get involved with high school vocational programs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I guess since I’m a new user it won’t let my reply to your message. 850417948one is my cell phone. I’ve been doing all kinds of construction around Pensacola since 2009. Very interested. Not scared to work.

·
Super Moderator
19,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PMs answered. Just to be clear you must have at least HVAC experience. This isn’t an entry level job.

·
Praedator
9,980 Posts
They either can’t pick up the concept or they can’t handle the hrs. No one wants to work and learn anymore.
70-90 hr week is definitely not for the family man these days. Or he will not be a family man for much longer! For better or worse, folks don't want to put in the long hours anymore! My parent's generation worked to death. Now my generation over reacted the opposite way and are not willing to put in long weeks/hrs!

I grew up working some hard long weeks in commercial electrical work. I travel for work now which takes me away from family etc... Some people are just not willing to do those kind of hours as a "family" if that makes sense. At my generation beginnings in the workforce, they pushed work family balance BIG TIME as something to look for in a job!

I will say this is another contributing factor in the trades declining! Many trade jobs required work until the job is done! Not some set clock in the day/week etc...

Not saying this is good or bad. But it's one thing that I have noticed!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts